1. This forum is in read-only mode.

downloads not running due to no .SAV file on DS

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by myjack1, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myjack1

myjack1 New Member

What am i doing wrong?
    i am downloading games onto R4 after being extracted, but most come up when trying to run them with a message that reads tha .sav file cant be found and to turn off DS.
    Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong?....

2. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Format your SD card.

The R4 card has no access to the SD card, due to an error.

Backup (copy) all your data to the computer, right click your moveable drive and select "Format".
    Follow the on-screen steps abd you are done!

EDIT: See my new thread: Here

3. Mozzzzii

Mozzzzii Well-Known Member

i take it some games are working and some are not.

Which games give you an error message? are the error messages the same? (some newer games wont work on R4's)

Is your SD Card completely full? (it may be that you havent got any room left on your SD for your R4 to create a new .sav file)

Each game needs 1/2 mb for the .sav file... so a card with 50 games on you really need to leave 25mb free, so that the .sav can be created when you first load the game.

4. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

5. Mozzzzii

hmmm asking people to disregard actual personal help and to go for a how to thread that may or may not have your answer ...lazy
    (the common issues didnt have my suggestion anyhow)....

i wonder what vague little nugget of info you will throw our way next ... maybe you could just tell him to "USE GOOGLE"

6. jp2002parry

jp2002parry New Member

okay i think its is just that we need to update the software to combat the new encryptions on the new games

7. Mozzzzii

Just name a few games that dont work and we should be able to tell you that what the problem is.

8. tehuber1337

Obviously, if the advice was likely to be correct then I wouldn't have said to disregard it. The thread I linked to is stickied precisely because it's correct.

9. Mozzzzii

So you know for a fact that his problem is a common issue? Hmmm you are making too many assumptions on too little facts, the more info we get out of people the better we can help. By all means direct people where you want but if others are willing to actually help, do not ask people to disregard what they are saying or asking, just because you have just a "hunch" it may be something else but cant really be bothered to actually answer constructively. Go "help" someone else why dont ya....

10. tehuber1337

You've clearly not been in the scene long enough to know just how common the common issues are.

11. Mozzzzii

Its a pity you didnt have more to say to the original poster, instead of defending a lazy attitude to helping people

12. tehuber1337

And it's a pity you're butthurt over being undermined. Call a waaaaaambulance if you so desire.

Laziness in helping people is justified if help is indeed rendered. On the other hand, proffering bad advice causes confusion and is often more destructive than constructive. Look, if it'll make you feel better, I'll explain just why you're wrong.
    The OP clearly stated that the error message said the save file could not be found and that he should reset his DS. Now, take a look in the common issues thread and you'll see that - lo and behold! - there's a little section addressed specifically to this problem. Who'da thunk it.
    Ooh, so close, but no cigar. When first running any given rom on an R4 one is asked if they want to create a save file; if they do and there is insufficient space for one, they'd be informed. If they choose not to create a save file, the game's save data will simply not be retained. Neither affect whether or not the game actually runs.

13. Mozzzzii

and you being so clever and knowing all that......... still direct him to a common soloutions link...... lazy

found your keyboard suddenly..............its a little late to wake up now this energy should of been put in at your first post here.....

so called experts that dont want to share their expertise, are experts we can do without.....

14. tehuber1337

I really don't see what your problem is. I'm under no obligation to advise further than what's necessary to solve the problem (not that there is anything else to say on the matter), and the beauty of a static medium like a forum is that it's never too late to say something. Or haven't you noticed that the OP is free to peruse your failure at his leisure when he returns?

Get off your high horse.

15. Mozzzzii

Well at least the OP will have a bit of clearer picture of what his problem is... even if it was dragged out of you in some strange internet arguement.... it would of been easier for you to explain a little first off, but of course you would disagree.....

You obviously have been on the scene a long time... maybe too long to even care now....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.