1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Downloads freezing.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Arthur_Sataine, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Title says it all. I've downloaded just two games, since I came back, about 3-4 days ago. When I try to download them now they'll get to about 1/4 to 1/2 of the way and freeze there. Won't budge at all. I've waited hours on a measley 3.3 mb GBA game and have had no luck. I have over 27,000 points so I know that isn't an issue. This problem persists in both Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer. I'm running a 64-bit Vista OS. Can anyone help? What's going on?

Note: After this post I shall be downloading and trying Google Chrome.

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

I down't know if its my 3G dongle pen, but sometimes not all i get frezzing, But they are no renewal of interrupted download!

3. jonkswa

jonkswa Well-Known Member

is ur internet thing slow?

4. Jhon 591

It says 3.2mbs per second lol!, But i can get sometimes 250kb sec/ or 160kb sec

I whent to one filehost once and it when up to 1mbs, I can not remember what that filehost was

5. adriskrayzee

adriskrayzee Well-Known Member

That's because it's 3.2 megabits per second, not 3.2 megabytes.

6. Jhon 591

I know, It's also where you are downloading from, My max is about 450kb sec, at times!

7. Does it with Google Chrome too. No. 'Net isn't slow. I'm not premium so it caps at about 246kbps, but like I said above, once it gets to about half way it stops. The time increases in minutes until it says about 17 minutes, with just 2 megs to go. Seeing as it takes about a minute to get 1mb, it shouldn't be more than 2-3 minutes. When it gets to that high minute mark, the file drops down to .7 kbps or so. I just don't understand why I'm having problems now when I never had them before.

8. Jhon 591

O yes: 3.2Mbps

I down't think you are the only one, I do have the same problem for time to time, But i downt run this place!

9. Well I'm not expecting a truly helpful post to come along until a mod or admin answers. No offense to anyone, it's just they should know RomUlation inside and out. ;) I expect them to have a noteworthy answer.

10. Jhon 591

Is they no way admin to use your IP in case you need a renewal of your interrupted download?
    Post Merge: [time]1254774700[/time]
    I just thought to say they are software that can store your download where you are upto on the web somewhere and contine downloading if interrupted

11. I don't care if I have to start over or not. As long as the thing downloads. My 'net is sufficiently fast for me not to worry about renewing from where I left off.

12. Jhon 591

It may keep dowing it

http://www.pppindia.com/intl/getagain/

http://resume-interrupted.smartcode.com/

13. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

Arthur are you multi downloading or one download at a time?

14. One at a time.

15. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

ok, was just a thought

16. With limited speed, I don't want to do more than one at a time. ;)

17. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

I think it's more of a case, of you not being allowed to do more than one at a time

18. Good thing I never tried then.

Unfortunately I've found an alternate source to download the games I wanted. I would still like a solution to this problem if anyone has it. And thanks in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.