1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Downloading xbox 360 games

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by lilblkridinhood, Feb 23, 2009.

1. lilblkridinhood

lilblkridinhood Well-Known Member

i was just wondering when you torrent them or download them what do you need in order to make them work on the disc?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

torrenting is the best method, and your xbox must be modded to play them. You also run the risk of getting banned from live.

3. lilblkridinhood

well that i know everything is done and the risk of getting banned well it says live is safe, but anywho i don't really play on live but what i meant was like when you torrent the game like how do you put it on a disk? do you need like a new disk drive or whatever its called?

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You burn it to the disc using your old average methods (image burning program). I use Xbox Backup Creator (commonly used for getting images from real discs) for burning. Also, by default it adds security sectors, so it's a bit more stealthy online.

5. lilblkridinhood

oh so u can just get a real game and burn it on on a disc using any disk drive?

6. Loonylion

any DVD writer, yes.

7. lilblkridinhood

o sick so now i can just rent xbox 360 games =P and burn them lol

8. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

if you're downloading also take note of the regions :p

9. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

no you need a special drive (with keron firmware) to copy them but any drive can burn them.
    and to burn them do it with Imgburn as i have found it has the best results also you will get best results if you have iso's with .dvd files

make sure the media you use is good quality, i have found some drives don't read the cheaper media.

torrenting is not the best at all, it takes to long and lots of the torrents are corrupt or don't work
    paying for a membership to megashares or megauplaod and finding sites like rlslog for links. its fast and its cheap, i think its worth it since i've been using direct downloads i can't stand torrents.

and as with getting banned it is possible to get banned at any point but you can most likely get away with it as long as your not connected if you play games before the release date.

10. Loonylion

just because you don't like torrents does not mean it isn't the most efficient way of destributing large amounts of data. I consistently got 1.1MB/s at university using torrents, no http server I tried could ever equal that.

11. equitypetey

most people don't get that. and you don't get that speed on public torrents.

it was just my opinion from someone who used to use torrents and now uses http server for the exact items he is looking for.
    unless you have membership with an exclusive private tracker a 360 torrent will take forever to download.

i was just pointing out a different option and a very fast way for someone who has low experience of downloading 360 games

just cause your the computer king doesn't mean others with experience can't have opinions :p

12. Loonylion

all my torrents come from demonoid or piratebay.

13. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Demonoid is usually rather fast. I just downloaded NFS Most Wanted (not corrupted) the other day and it actually reached 1MB/s.

14. equitypetey

i've tried both of them and they were just too slow for 360 games especially if you want older ones with less seeds.

torrents are ok for most things but 360 it is so much nicer to directly download it saves hassle, time, stress and its easy to get older games or even early releases

its just my preference and another valid option for someone to try

15. anandjones

You need the special drive to read them still. They're the big ones.

16. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Actually the ban's come in waves,
    so you may be blacklisted but don't know it
    and can play away fine untill the next wave...

17. equitypetey

yes but if your not playing dodgy rips (while connected to live) that get you blacklisted you can have more of a chance of not getting banned, many people are still on live with flashed 360s and not getting banned and there are those who get banned and the majority of them are those playing dodgy rips or games before the release date witch is why you now see warnings notes on pre release rips.

but it makes no difference anyway cause your ether bothered or not, and apart from halo nights with winterr live wasn't that great for me.
    live was good for an experience but it doesn't compare to having a huge game collection. if any one is bothered by possibly losing live then they should not flash their 360.

18. lilblkridinhood

ohyeah one more question what if the games were already copied ontot a disc like can i just burn it with a normal disk drive that came with the computer when i bought it?

19. anandjones

Yes, you can burn the images using a regular writer.

20. equitypetey

yes you can copy copies on a normal drive it is only originals that you need the keron drive for