1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Downloading Roms on a MAC?? HELP!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by GameGumby, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GameGumby

GameGumby New Member

Hi all,
    Can't seem to download DS Roms on my Mac.
    I'm using UnRarX to unzip the file but it doesn't seem to be working.

Does anyone have a MAC and successfully download Roms if so could you please tell me how you do it (I think I'm doing something wrong..lol).

Thanks! :)

2. Mikiie

Mikiie Well-Known Member

Have you tried winRAR or 7-zip?
    Could just be the extractor.
    please explain exactly how it "isn't working"
    Good luck.

3. GameGumby

GameGumby New Member

Yes I have tried WinRAR-that is made for Windows so I was told, but I used the MAC version and still couldn't get it work-a few people with MAC's I know have had problems with it. Was rec'ed UnRarX instead.
    No haven't tried 7-zip.

When I download it I go to save, then it downloads under UnRarX but it is the UnRarX format (like 1727-My Word Coach (U) 9iND).rar), I extract it and when I go to put it onto the chip thing it always says "there isn't enough space"
    I know this is not correct as I have deleted 5-6 games I've previously had on it (so adding 1 new game shouldn't be a problem). ???

4. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Format your microSD card, then.

5. GameGumby

GameGumby New Member

Format it? How do I do that?
    I already have 15 or so games on it saved that I don't want to loose.
    I previously downloaded them with a PC, I didn't think it would be problem if I now have a MAC.

6. iBpH

iBpH Well-Known Member

Its not your MAC's problem, they own. Its the microSD card. theres something wrong with it, go check it out.

7. GameGumby

GameGumby New Member

But why should there be a problem with the microSD card?
    I have used it for more than a year and downloaded and played games on it from a PC. There are currently about 20 games on it, all of which play and save fine.

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Cards can become corrupted.
    If you format your card, just backup any games and saves that are on it first, then you can just restore everything.

I know very little about Mac computers. But I remember long ago in junior high we couldn't use our windows formatted floppy disks on the mac computers at school, and had to format them in the mac in order for the mac to read them right. But if I remember correctly, Mac OSX can read/write FAT16/32 just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.