1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Downloading from the site problems

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Skane, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skane

Skane Well-Known Member

OK, so when I try to download FF CC: Echoes in Time (U), Suidoken T. (U), and Blue Dragon Plus (U), part way through the download my download stops, or it instantly magically finishes the download at 7%, then saying in WinRAR that the archive is incomplete or corrupt. I have IE8 downloaded.

Does someone know whats going on?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You have an unstable internet connection that is losing it's connection.

Use a download manager like FlashGet to download the files, that way you can resume them if they stop, and you don't get corruptions.

3. Skane

Skane Well-Known Member

Ok. Its a wireless laptop...would plugging it in to ethernet fix it too?

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Possibly. Wired connections are generally speaking more stable than wireless.

5. Skane

Skane Well-Known Member

Thanks. I downloaded Blue Dragon and am 60% with FF CC. It seems to be fine now...if it messes up again I'll try the wired cnxion.

6. Skane

Skane Well-Known Member

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU (this would make great rageman comic)

It quit at 67%. Ethernet, here I come.

7. vincent_aik

vincent_aik Member

Try use Free Download Manager. It is able to resume the download even when the connection is unstable.

8. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Wireless is ok at time, but its better to have it wired when downloading less chance of interruptions esp if you do torrent downloads.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

interruptions don't matter during torrent downloads, the protocol is designed to cope with it.

10. Skane

Skane Well-Known Member

Wired connection fixd it. thanks guys.

11. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

*facepalm* yeah your right I have no ideal what I was thinking at the time I was posting it think I was having a flashback when I was fighting with my wireless router and I got better connection wired, but that was a totally diffrent reason than interruptions

@Skane glad it worked out for you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.