1. This forum is in read-only mode.

downloaded PS1 games.how to make em run on ps3?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Aayush10000, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aayush10000

Aayush10000 Member

i downloaded the syphon filter PS1 games.i got three files in the folder- .img,.ccd,.sub.by burning the img file,ps3 read the game as a data disc.how am i supposed to make a ps1 disc properly?please help ASAP since I am new to this

2. -a55-

-a55- Well-Known Member

I don't think it's possible to play PSX games on a PS3.

3. Aayush10000

Aayush10000 Member

then why would sony let u download ps1 games for psp/ps3?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

ones you download from sony (PS3 store) can be run on a PS3, so can originals. ISOs cannot be run on a PS3.

5. Aayush10000

Aayush10000 Member

if i rip the iso and burn it along with the other files,will i be able to play?

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

No, you cannot play PS1 backups on your PS3, because of the anti-piracy features available. Like in the PS1 and PS2, they needed to be chipped or use a boot disc to do it. But you cannot mod your PS3 yet, so you cannot do it.

7. Aayush10000

Aayush10000 Member

that sucks :| i wouldnt mod it even if sony itself gave me even 100 times the worth of the ps3

8. TirithRR

So... wait.
    You wouldn't mod your own PS3, even if Sony gave you 40000 US Dollars to do it?

Not that Sony would ever pay you to modify one of their systems, but you'd be crazy if you didn't in that scenario. 40000 dollars and the ability to play "backups" on your PS3?

9. Aayush10000

Aayush10000 Member

im a purist for my consoles

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...Get a psp and work some modding magic on it, It's the only way other than a ps2 to play psx games on another playstation sytem...

And sony isn't really liking what we do here, they just seem to let us go for the mean time...that is my thought.

11. Aayush10000

Aayush10000 Member

my version is 1004 with 5.60 official software,the modded ones are recognized as corrupt data.(i tried 5.00 m33 -6)

12. TirithRR

You can't just load the firmware straight. You have to use a Pandora Battery and a special program to create a "Magic Memory Stick".

You can get the Pandora Battery from dealextreme.com
    You can use the program "PSP Grader 8" to make the memory stick. It also has step by step instructions on how to install it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.