1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Downloaded new r4 wood program but old pokemon game memory deleted?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by vampanda, Sep 13, 2013.

1. vampanda

vampanda New Member

I downloaded the new wood program for r4, and then when i turned back on my ds, my old pokemon pearl game was there but all my past info was deleted, like all the pokemons and they made me restart the game. Is there any possible way to get all my old game memory back???? :( Please help!

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

1. Did you checked to see if the WOOD R4 copy you added is meant for your flash cart? Note: there are 3 versions of WOOD R4 by YWG, each
    meant for different carts.
    2. There might be a need to delete the wood r4.sav (it's a save file generated by wood r4.nds to save it's settings).
    3. Try using POKEGEN.exe or POKESAV.exe (find these program via GOOGLE) to read the pokemon pearl's save file via computer.
    If the program shows your pokemon are there, then the save file probably not read by WOOD. If they're missing, then likely the save file
    been overwritten when run on the new WOOD copy or corrupted.

If they're simply un-read by WOOD (as in still there when viewed through POKEGEN/POKESAV) then they are in tack/safe. But if via any of those program you can't view it no more, then likely it's been overwritten by accident or corrupted, which of cause no way to recover.

3. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

There used to be a version wich did this.
    Anyways. always backup your stuff. mighht try to run a file recovery program.