1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Downloadable DS Themes/Skins

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by X GAMER, Feb 26, 2008.

1. X GAMER

X GAMER Member

Hey everyone, I was just thinking how cool it would be if there could be a couple good DS themes to download off this site :D! I've been searching for some throughout the web for quite a while but all the sites everyone reccomends aren't working properly (on top of that there aren't very many places were you can download them from :-\ so it would be a major break through if this were to be possible). If you don't feel like doing this then at least give us DS owners a couple good sites to download a few skins off of. Thanks.

2. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

ndsthemes.com

3. X GAMER

X GAMER Member

I tried that 5 mins ago. The stupid site won't come up, is that just today though or what?

4. Warren_303

Warren_303 Well-Known Member

I think it would be a cool idea to have skins/themes here at Romulation also.
    My vote is in.

It just worked for me on two browsers.

Try to google it see if that works. :)

5. X GAMER

X GAMER Member

Seems like the site was having connection problems (though I had been trying to get in there for 3 days and now it finally decides to show..lol) . Anyways I'd like to know if you guys can get themes the way you did roms. If you can why not do it?

6. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

I dont think it would be worth hosting them though thats up to seph. Hes pretty busy atm with the new portal so...

on the other hand theres no reason they cant be shared here in the forums, themes for R4 are extremely easy to make, I may be able to add an R4/M3 themes section to my graphics section for requests.

7. PhatomKids

PhatomKids Well-Known Member

or maybe you can tell me what type of skin you want i can try and find and than upload it to all of you.. Since i have alot of skin for M3 and r4....and maybe moonshell too.. since my moonshell is Luminous Arc skin...

8. X GAMER

X GAMER Member

Kk, I found lots of themes that I liked on the site and downloaded them into zipped folders but then I read something that alarmed me... on the download screen it says that they reccomend I scan each one of the folders just to be sure that there aren't any viruses :p. I'm new to all of this and it would be great if someone could help me out by telling me how exactly to do that (in a simple way) so that I could assure myself that there wouldn't be any mis-happenings on my Micro SD card. And I'd also like to know if it's possible for a virus to enter my DS if it would get into my SD card in the first place, thanks.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

there are no DS viruses in existance that I am aware of, the virus scan warning will be to protect your PC from PC viruses that may be in the zip. To scan, if you have a decent virus scanner installed, right click on one of the zip files, and in the menu should be something like 'Scan with [name of antivirus progam]' or 'scan for viruses' (may also have 'with [name of antivirus program]') Clicking this should scan it. As an example, my right-click menu says 'Scan with ESET NOD32 Antivirus'

10. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

There is actually, there's certain files that will brick your DS, I don't know if they still work but they do exist.

11. X GAMER

X GAMER Member

Very helpful, thanks. I was curious to know because I've had more than one person tell me that viruses can get into anything that has a memory card and lately there have been a few rumors about that (*ahem* especially youtube). Anyways I also read on that same page that I shouldn't change the file names of my themes' zipped folders.. unfortunately I read that afterwards I had done all my downloading, will this affect anything?

12. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I vote that Romulation should have a DS theme so we can show we are Part of Romulation, and it will only be awarded after achieving a certain amount of contributions(NOT POSTS) to the forum ;D

13. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Im happy to make a romulation theme for those who want it

14. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Something I threw together

[​IMG]

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?thtc3xj9tzx

15. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It's not a bad job, thanks for that. You should maybe upload it to ndsthemes.com if you have the time.

16. PhatomKids

May we should open a new thread and post all the theme we make in there

17. anandjones

Yeah that's not a bad idea, even I can make some, extremely easy to.

18. PhatomKids

Yes.. just take some pic and resize it and you will have your own theme

19. rodtribalt

rodtribalt Well-Known Member

is there a thread of themes???

20. anandjones

Yes it's here.

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php/topic,5416.0.html