1. This forum is in read-only mode.

download stopped at 173 mb of 228Mb

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by alpha7725, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alpha7725

alpha7725 New Member

I was downloading Star Wars Dark conflict of playstation 1 and it stopped at 173 Mb I don't want to donload it again cause I'll loose points, now how can someone remedy this for me?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Hrm, ok, it SHOULDN'T cost you points to do it again within 24 hours-if it does PM seph-hes in charge.

Might I suggest a download manager to prevent it from happening again?

And what kind of net are you running-cable or wireless in some form?

The latter is unstable no matter how good the bars say it is.

3. alpha7725

alpha7725 New Member

I'm runing on cable nt wireless though, but thanks for the info

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

No worries-but be sure to try a download manager-every now and then it may still cut out even when wired.

Plus you could download a bit-stop, shut down, then continue the next day..or week if you must XD

5. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

That wireless info isn't tehcnically true. If induviduals have a BTHomeHub then they will have unmistakable internet connection.. I have never lost my connection to the internet and my downloads will never stop mid-way no matter what internet browser, torrent downloader I use..

So message to all BTHomeHub users.. If you have one and your downloads aren't working properly then it is not your connection.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

All net connections have risk of data corruption during download-I was on adsl and I lost a few downloads.

I still advise getting it to reduce waste of bandwidth.

(the games here are fine-but if it persist with a download manager-post in site support)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.