1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Download problem?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Chdonga, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chdonga

Chdonga Well-Known Member

I tried to download the ISO for Harvest Moon but when I download it, the only thing in it was another .rar file that I tried to open but it said it was damaged. Does anybody know how to fix this?

2. mangekyo

mangekyo Active Member

the download process might be interrupted,so the RAR file you got is a corrupted one.try to redownload and this time use download manager like Flashget or IDMan

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Redownload it. To be safe, use a different method, manager, in browser etc.

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Use Orbit Downloader and IE8,and latest firefox..

5. kivy

kivy New Member

im sorry... but what do you mean by use a different method?
    Redownload it. To be safe, use a different method, manager, in browser etc.
    What does that mean? I warn you Im blonde.. i need slow instructions cheers ;)

6. casper1910

casper1910 Well-Known Member

He pretty much means try a better download manager program on your browser. With Firefox you can get addons like that for free, it's the best browser.

Also try not to run too many programs on your computer while you are downloading. Sometimes the computer can be over worked by too much going on at one time, and it tends to corrupt youre download in my experience. I try to just leave the computer to download and finish before I do other things and I haven't had a corrupt download since.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...It's simple, just redownload it, without having too many programs running...

I don't use download managers, sure 4/10 fail and means I have to start from the beginning, but it's fine with me :)

And be patient-if your using a wireless net ie mobile broad band or wireless router, be aware that signal interfearance can disrupt the download-so don't have your mobile sitting right next to it XD

(point-blank signals may affect it...)

Well good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.