1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Download/Play For DS

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Saylim, Sep 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saylim

Saylim New Member

Hello =]

I have an r4 SDHC card and i cannot download/play multiplayer games. Is there something i am not doing? I've tried Mario Party DS,Tetris and Brain Age. It just comes up (after trying to load for a while) with an error. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Noob Saylim >_>

2. momopeachboy026

momopeachboy026 New Member

Do you trim them? Just asking.

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Make sure you have the latest firmware. http://www.linfoxdomain.com/ds/ Rom trimmers in recent years no longer interfere with Download Play functions.

4. theblues

theblues Well-Known Member

you can also try enabling the ds download play on your flashcard that might help. ;)

5. Saylim

Saylim New Member

Thanks so much for the replies!

Yes, I have the newest firmware. I even tried a different firmware and it didn't work. So I don't think that is the problem. Is there a "Enable DL Play" Button on the menu im missing? I dont see one. Im new to the R4 trying to figure it out. =/.

What is "trimming"?

It seems to work on the my ds..but the recieving ds freezes at "Nintendo" Then mine will say communication error. =/

6. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Well, flashcarts may not be compatible with other flashcarts or games. IF its a game, then well, IDK. IF its a flashcart, then on mine I press Start>System Options>DS Download Play>ENABLE or select the game and press Start>Properties>DS Download Play>ENABLE. IDK because this is an Acekard and it may not work. Trust me, I was confused too.

7. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

well, an acekard is completely different from an R4... try using a real DS game with single-card multiplayer to see if it's not the DS itself. My R4 works just fine when it comes to download play

8. Saylim

Saylim New Member

I know its not my DS because some games work just fine with download/play.

and i don't have a "Start>Properties" option on an r4 card. =/

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

While I lack r4 know-how, try pressing start-if it has an options list like acekard, that may help-that's the start menu for acekard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.