1. This forum is in read-only mode.

download managers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Loonylion, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Because we here at RomUlation are nosy bastards, tell us what download manager you use regularly :)

I use Download Accelerator Plus Premium, although not all the time since on 10Mbit I dont need it :p

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

The question was which download manager do you use, not if you did.

3. Loonylion

take it easy prototype, hes stressed because the server is overloaded and the ram upgrade that was supposed to happen last night, didnt. we're averaging 15MB free ram on the server, and im regularly having to kill processes to keep the machine running :(

4. Dodoman

Dodoman Well-Known Member

Have, and always will, use flashget :)

5. Golden Falcon

Golden Falcon Active Member

GetRight Pro FTW!!!!...

Best DL Manager in the world...

I usually only use it if i come across an FTP Server, I can queue and files in the folders and parent folders :D
    download the entire server lol

6. ck_1502

ck_1502 New Member

can i use flashget when downloading psx games here? How? tnx!

7. Xerion

Xerion Active Member

I also use DAP. I wish there was a firefox plugin for it, then I wouldn't have to switch over to an IE tab everytime..

8. Loonylion

no, you can't use download accelerators yet, it's something we're working on.

I don't use IE tab. I just copy the link via the windows clipboard. As I said earlier; I don't need DAP much.

9. zerozangel

zerozangel Well-Known Member

I've used both flashget and Dap but i prefer flashget for some reason i dont know why though

10. KMC

KMC Well-Known Member

I use DownThemAll!. Seems like i'm the only one too. I haven't tried FlashGet, but it is a top download on the site so i don't know. Maybe i'll try it out when i get my laptop. Also i just found out that the new website structure supports Download managers and all i have to say is "OH MY GOD, WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

11. Myame

Myame Member

I use it as well, but more often than not it's a pain for me so.. blah.

12. Seph

Loony just tried using a download manager to download, he got like 700 kb/s. :)

13. Loonylion

only cos the dl finished before it could get any higher :p

14. MovingStatistic

MovingStatistic Well-Known Member

IDM (Internet Download Manager) is by far my favorite, I've used many others but none have pleased me enough until I used this one.

Regards,

15. Seph

Does it work with romulation?

16. MovingStatistic

MovingStatistic Well-Known Member

110% :) I wouldn't suggest a program that didn't Sir.

Regards,

17. Seph

Sweet. :)

Initially some people moaned download managers didn't work, but that was their fail managers not our script so it's all good.

18. megadethnatic

megadethnatic Member

I use the "Free Download Manager". Before that I used an old version of FlashGet.