1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Download interrupted

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Katkat1010, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Katkat1010

Katkat1010 Member

I was downloading Skyward Sword (rawdump doesn't work with my disk drive :( ) a few days ago, and tried to resume it yesterday when the site was down. Today, I attempted to resume the download, and received a htm file that said that I didn't have enough points to download the file. Romulation says that it supports download resumes, so is there any way for me to keep downloading the file? (I saved the .part file, and know how to keep downloading from where I was if I get the download link again).

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

firefox cannot resume downloads, you must use a download manager to be able to resume.

3. Katkat1010

Katkat1010 Member

I will be able to resume the download from 1.7 gigs (this method has worked for other downloads which don't usually support resumes), except that the site ate my points, so I cannot start the download. Does the site record what I spent the points on, and therefore allow me to start the download again, or will I have to contact support to request a points refund?

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

You can redownload a file within 24 hours (from the start of the original download) at no point cost.
    Out of that, there's nothing you can do. As Loony said, Firefox cannot resume downloads, so you have to use something like IDM.

I don't think you'll be able to get a point refund, unless Seph or Loonyion are feeling quite generous.

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I will have a look at your case when I get some time.

6. Katkat1010

Katkat1010 Member

Thanks Xeni :)
    I paused the download overnight, and was hoping to continue it in the next day or so, so it's good to know about the 24 hour limit.

I don't know why everyone says that firefox cannot resume downloads - this has not failed to work for me.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it can resume paused downloads, not broken ones. With a broken download it thinks its finished before the file is complete, and deletes the .part file.

8. Katkat1010

Katkat1010 Member

I have encountered this before, but for some reason, it didn't delete the .part file for this download. Maybe because the file I ended up downloading was a .html (the message about not having enough points).