1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Download and pre-patched download

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Deathbreak911, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

There should, on games with anti-piracy and other things, be the 'normal' download and the 'pre-patched' download. With that confusion could be cut and frustration could be released. I know there was a suggestion to mention the patch on the details page right below this post, but if you had the automatic download, the 'how do I patch this' question wouldn't present itself over and over.

Just a thought. (and a damn good one you should do!)

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the answer to the piracy patch is not the same across all cards. It's so much easier to just host the clean dump and then tell people how to patch it for their specific card.

What works for the R4, may not work for the DSTT. What works for the Edge, may not work for the CycloDS. Etc. etc.

3. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Ya and they should charge people with points.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I reckon at least games with translation patches like jump ultimate stars should have that option...saves time, and charge points...

Idiot proof the whole thing lol!

Or we could make pre-patch games (the security ones) and put them ALL on (yep every type of card still in major use), charged as big downloads just so the site don't become flooded with lazy people like me XD

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

No, I'd rather teach a man to fish than give him a fish everyday.

6. getbuck21

getbuck21 Well-Known Member

well seph i have tried to learn to fish and it doesn't work very well on my mac... lol could you give me a fish? (specifically a patched R4 version of GTA:CW)

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

There are patched GTA China Wars available in the Trading Station, I believe.

8. Seph

No I can't getbuck, that's not what I want RomUlation to do, if you run Mac you should be able to run a windows environment, or dual boot or something. If you don't know how to do that then you'd probably be better off on Windows anyway. I'm not a kindergarten teacher who will hold your hand and drop you off at your parents doorstep every night. I'll give you a push in the right direction and then wish you luck, if you get lost then oh well, I'm not paid well enough to be a baby sitter.

And that was a lot of abstract talking...

9. getbuck21

getbuck21 Well-Known Member

Well its ok this kindergartener figured it out :p

10. Seph

I hope it was how to patch and not just that there is a patched version in the trade section, because with an R4 the patching knowledge is going to help you loads. :)