1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DOWNGRADE A PSP

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by KSbored, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KSbored

KSbored Well-Known Member

Ok, I know that romulation isn'y really abour psp's, but I was wondering If there was some Way I can downgrade my psp without the following:

-No pandora battery
    -Firmware is updated to the most recent

My Psp used to be downgraded until my bro updated it to use the browser!
    Please help!

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I suspect you'll need to buy a pandora. Not sure though.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Pandora battery method will only work on the PSP 1000 and some of the 2000 models. Check the bottom of your PSP to see if you have a 1000, 2000, or 3000 model.

In order to install CFW, you have to be on Official Firmware 1.5, or you have to downgrade using a Pandora Battery.

There is a new method of running a Custom Firmware-like homebrew that uses an exploit called ChickHEN. You can probably find more info on that at http://pspslimhacks.com/ But I think this method only works if you are running OFW 5.03 (maybe?) It works on the 3000 models as well.

But if you have a 1000 or 2000, your best bet is doing a Pandora Battery downgrade.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Yes, that link you got is how I turned my 5.03 into 5.00m33v6 (fully hacked and perfect :) )

There should be an installer pack with everything you need to install a CFW with no pandora...on psp 1000 and 2000 models...

For 3000's it's a different method...but again it's there...I think it's 5.03GEN and requires hen...

Hen allows the running of unsigned code (ie emulators) without affecting the flash (the main file inside a psp) WITHOUT VOIDING THE WARRENTY :)

...but using hen can allow the code to run proper CFW (and thus run psp backup's and psx conversions)...

But if your using a 2000-run a program called pspident-it checks what the mother board is (and if it can be hacked without permantent damage)...

If it's a 3000 then check the site-you might fiund an installer package for GEN-but for that I can't help-scoured all over my city for a 2000 that's in poor nick...but easily hackable :)

BTW, TirithRR, if your around I was thinking of posting an idiot's guide to putting CFW using hen, based of the installer package found on that site-can I post the rough draft to you-or will you just post the installer package link?

It was an awsome way and dead easy-and almost safer to do-than running a pandora-only risk is on the 2000 models if a certain mother board...

I wrote it since I felt (because I was dam scared) worried if I might damage my psp in case....

(going back to the topic, pandora is no longer required for a downgrade-just run hen and a program called hell cat's recovery-but you will also need pspident to see your mother board if it's a 2000 type...and the official 5.03 to run HEN, and HEN it's self...or just find the installer and follow exactly what it says XD)

5. KSbored

I have the followng:

-Psp 1000
    -Firmware 5.50
    -Regualar battery
    -Regular Memory Card

Is there any known programs that could work for me? All I really want to do is play ps1 gaes on my psp.

6. TirithRR

MDS64's method would work. I've never done it that way, so he'd have to show you how.

Or you can get a Pandora Battery for about 6 dollars (USD) at dealextreme.com and you can use PSP Grader v008 (link in my sig) to make the memory stick for it.

And mds64, you can write up a tutorial when ever you wish. You can post it here in the Technical Help forum for feedback and one of the Mods will move it to the Tutorial Section when it's finished.

7. KSbored

Wait so his method could work for my psp 1000?

-Psp 1000
    -Firmware 5.50
    -Regualar battery
    -Regular Memory Card
    :)

8. TirithRR

I don't know very much about this exploit. Let's wait for mds64 (or someone else) to say otherwise. I'm pretty sure that the Pandora Battery method is a Hardware exploit, so it's not affected by firmware upgrades.

(I'd just get a Pandora battery.)

9. KSbored

Kewl thanks anyway you guys, ;D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.