1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DOS Games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tapwatah, Sep 8, 2007.

1. tapwatah

tapwatah Well-Known Member

I looked back, and I bought Hexen and Heritic from id.com I tried 'em out, and I was amazed. Hexen turned out to be as good as Warcraft. I was simply amazed. I went back, and played Duke Nukem' 3D, Spear of Destiny, and other games of the sort. I was surprised. So now, instead of playing bioshock, I'm playing all of them games that were released before I was born. What do you think, and what are you're favorites from the mid and early 90s?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

duke nukem 3D is awesome :)

3. gary1068

gary1068 Guest

DOS games? what are DOS games? In the world of Windows xp and Vista (EEEEWWWW!!!!) ;D

4. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

ya its modern age maybe people nowadays have forgot about the predecessors of are games

5. tapwatah

tapwatah Well-Known Member

In atomic edition you got an extra episode :)

6. z3311z

z3311z Well-Known Member

i love rise of the triad, syndicate, and we cant forget oregon/amazon trail

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I love RotT too. Also Raptor: Call of the Shadows and Terminal Velocity. Modern flight simulators I've played are no comparison to the DOS ones I used to have on my 486 :(

8. Aegix

Aegix Well-Known Member

I got one when I was 8...I think it was called "Shakii the Wolf."

Oh man..It was such a good game. Granted, I never got past the 3rd level, but I have very fond memories of that Platformer...The hero had so many attacks it was amazing.

Of course, after a while, the CD busted up or somethign, and I could never get it to run again... :(

Oh, and I had this old game on my REALLY REALLY old PC. It was called Eco Quest. ^_^ One of the best point and click adventures ever. Took my family about 5 years and the help of another friend to actually beat it.

9. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

I get mine from Abandonia (not sure if I'm allowed to say that :p ) but there are great DOS games there.