1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Doom DS

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by CharrX, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CharrX

CharrX Well-Known Member

Hey guys :D

I just downloaded the newest version of Doom DS, but after I get to select Standard game/Network play, both screens go dark (as if the DS were off).

I have read something about a DLDI patch being necessary for this game to work. I've tried to figure this out but I seem to be unable to do this ._.''

Help would be greatly appreciated (perhaps someone could send me a working file?)

2. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

more data please, flashcard, firmware version, wich system are you using?.

3. CharrX

CharrX Well-Known Member

Yep, sorry ^_^''
    Regular R4, Firmware v. 1.18. Using Moonshell.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Has the game been dldi patched-I know on acekard it should work...not sure about r4.

Also, the game needs to be set up EXACTLY as putting the folder contents in the wrong place means it'll do that.

I believe the folder needs to be in the root or beginning of the card, the .nds file can go anywhere :)

(or place it in same place as folder, just not inside...)

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Read the Common Issues for DLDI patching. https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0 Make sure you read the accompanying .txt file/s for correct installation.

6. ravage

ravage Member

DOOM ds ?!?!!?!?!?! Really???? When did that ever come out? If so could someone post a link to the rom download? It's not here at Romulation. You sure you are not mistaking this for the gameboy Advance version of doom?

7. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

DSDOOM is a homebrew Doom engine (IIRC it's a port of PrBoom or something) that requires files from the actual PC game. RomUlation only hosts commercial roms, not homebrew.

8. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

to make the dsdoom to work u have to name the wad to doom.wad!!!thats the only way it will work!!!im a member of dsdoom freeforums and i know how it works

9. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Yeah, name it that, but without the excessive exclamation marks. ;D

10. CharrX

CharrX Well-Known Member

OK, I did all the stuff suggested, now it works :D

However, I'm still searching for a full version .wad file. ATM I'm using the limited shareware version.
    On Doom Wad Station they apparently only have edited versions, however not the original. The Ultimate doom would be nice too, since it has one extra mission.

Help to find this file would be greatly appreciated :)

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Try looking on torrents for the full pc version, and just rip out the WAD file from within.

I forgot where I got mine...but I had to send a txt to the website just to get the wad (???)

So...torrents is the better choice, try doom 2-you'd enjoy it as any doom wad would work-I use doom 2 more than one :)

12. nemesis11

i have lots of wads and i have doom2,doom,and doom64 wad

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Wii wad files or the game wad files?

Doom 64 is a 64 rom...you can't rip out the wad in that unlike the pc one's...

14. nemesis11

i have the doom64.wad file for the pc and it works on the dsdoom!

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Well well...please post away.

I might be interested myself seeing as my psp can't emulate it properly (doom 64).

It would work on psp doom as well if this is the case, please upload when you can :)

(post the wad's in a pm to both me and the poster incase they count as warez)

16. nemesis11

if someone here wants doom64.wad for the ds just send me your email and i send it!

17. CharrX

CharrX Well-Known Member

Thanks guys :D
    I already sent a PM to nemesis11, so that's done.

I found the full version .wad of Doom 2, works perfectly, except for the save function. I press select when being on the save slot, I see the saveslot, "Saving, sit tight!" pops up, but after some waiting I get a "Gamesave failed" on the lower screen.

Also, in the second level, I don't seem to be able to jump into the "window".

18. ravage

ravage Member

I downloaded a doom ds and in the zip it is separated as a doom.nds file and a doom.WAD file. now obviously the doom.nds goes in my games folder but where does the doom.WAD file go? Does it go in the root or do I have to make a special folder? Can someone give a better step by step tutorial on how to use these types of files? Thanks!

19. CharrX

CharrX Well-Known Member

Everything except for the .nds file MUST go into the root. If that doesn't work, put the .nds file into the root as well.

20. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Um...the included manual with the doom.nds should say.

I'd place it in the folder that came with it (should be a doom.nds and a file folder with all the main stuff to run it-the nds is just a starter here).

Yeah that's about right, everything but the .nds file...it CAN go in the root but not if you want everything organised :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.