1. This forum is in read-only mode.

dont update your dsi

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by wildog, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildog

wildog Well-Known Member

Nintendo DSi owners in Japan and Europe have already started digitally receiving their copies of the newest firmware, v1.4. The update brings little more than Facebook photo uploading and also lists "faster image display speed in the DSi camera." Alongside these additions, the following Flashcards have been blocked:

DSTTi
    Acekard2i
    R4Ui
    Hyper R4i
    R4i Gold
    EZVi
    M3i Zero
    Supercard DS ONEi
    iPlayer

While these flashcards are blocked for now, some of them may be able to bypass the block. From what i understand, cards such as M3i Zero, Supercard DSONEi and EZVi should be able to update the core internal loader, so fixes may come along soon. For now anyone who wants to continue using these flashcards should stay away from updating until more information is available bye good luck too

2. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

Re: dont update

Not interesting for me with my old NDS and Cyclo but its sad for Flashcardusers to hear that Nintendo starts fighting back against Homebrew and Backups more than before.

3. Nathan_26

Nathan_26 Well-Known Member

thanks for the info :) i was actually gonna update tonight , not nomores !:D

4. wildog

wildog Well-Known Member

dont update are you are going to wait a month before they re hack it then you are fine just wait it will be hacked again

5. Zoidberg56

Zoidberg56 Active Member

Well if you have the M3iZERO just put the F_CORE.dat file back onto your MicroSD card and then use the USB cable and see if it updates. If it does you might be ok if it doesn't just wait. Also check the M3 news site and they may say when they have released a new update.

6. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

This doesn't surprise me, but give it time, yes they will try to block the flashcards, but people will find away around it as usual, it's just a "bump in the road".

7. wildog

wildog Well-Known Member

acekard2i just updated firmware and my friend updated his dsi because he buys his games i updated my acekard2i and boom the new update cant block acekard 2i so update to 1.18 just came out bye. i try my cart with friends then i try my dsi enjoy

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Quick question:

Can you update your Acekard2i firmware after you already updated your DSI firmware? Or do you have to do it before hand? In other words, does the Acekard2i have to boot in order to load the new Acekard2i firmware?

9. ICE-X

ICE-X Well-Known Member

Yeah, you can the firmware is stored on the SD

10. TirithRR

I didn't know if the firmware updates modified anything inside the card, not on the SD, like the CylcoDS does.

11. Ultramon

Ultramon Member

I've done the most stupidest thing EVER! I updated my DSi. ¬_¬ Now my R4i does not work on the dratted thing.

*awaits the 'we told you not to' posts* but me being me, didn't check the forums for any warnings. I am SO annoyed at myself now.
    I've even tried to find a way of reverting it back, but nope. I just hope that something comes out to relieve me of this pickle soon.

Back to the DSL then for me. :[

12. wildog

wildog Well-Known Member

downgrade is being made but not freeware it will cost 10$

13. TirithRR

I'm sure it will be pirated just like the games and such it is designed to help with ;)

14. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes, otherwise there would be no point for external USB connections to update that way.

15. khmc

khmc Member

thanks for the info Xd hope they hack it soon

16. elsalek

elsalek New Member

hi
    can you please give more info about downgrading
    who does it?
    how can we have or DSi downgraded?
    etc..
    thanks
    regards

17. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You can't by normal means.

18. lilblkridinhood

lilblkridinhood Well-Known Member

damn this sucks lol cause i just bought my DSi and like i updated it then next day i went to get my DSTTi and next thing you know it wouldn't work sighhhh i wish i went on romulation first LMAO

19. shelbylynca

shelbylynca New Member

Someone please help me my son updated my DSi and now my DSTTi card wont work, what can I do?

20. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Nothing, unless you want to buy a new DSi or flashcart. Alternatively, you could just use a regular DS, if you have one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.