1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Don't know if it is just me but...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by timmy1991, Jun 23, 2009.

1. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

The site is being quite slow today...
    It took me almost half an hour to download Revenge of The Fallen earlier....
    I almost thought of going to look on another site... *gasp* I didn't mean it!

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Maybe romU in 'upgrade mode'?

3. koyuchan

koyuchan Well-Known Member

Maybe Seph want to put themes in this site??? :D

4. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Maybe it's your internet

5. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

No it's not my internet, everything else is running fine

6. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

maybe its the alignment of the planets.

7. JuuJuu

JuuJuu Member

I downloaded the games about 3pm, was fine. Got it within 5mins.

8. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

of course Madman, don't forget that the Great Blue Nova is about to go in trance with XPRT-67, meaning that a devastating wave of internet jamming frequencies is about to crash on Earth

of course Madman...

9. xkoolguy90x

xkoolguy90x Well-Known Member

what i do is i start downloading something and i leave the computer. come back half an hour later after playing something or listening to music or getting something to eat or whatever else you could be doing and it should be way past done. i dont rush much unless its something im downloading in the morning while im going to school and its urgent that it gets done in less then 10 min. then thats a very bad thing to download for a long time. happened before. it sucks.

make sure your not downloading anything else in the background and also check if other programs are taking up your memory or useing alot of ram to run. that can be a reason. almost any program can make downloading slow. be patient while downloading.

and yes, its probably a planetary alignment. soon pluto will turn into a superball and bounce around the astroids wiping out all kinds of alien races and all of humanity will end. i will be the last 1 remaining and i will be laughing while playing a game like dothack but in reality and i will be the legendary PKK... oh that would be sooooo sweeeeet.

10. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Did you mean..me?

11. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

no it's clearly typed there Great Blue Nova, I don't how you can ready Meganova there unless you're on something really powerful like Canadian snow

12. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

No the NA server was being slow, a process was using several gigabytes of RAM which meant the server had to use SWAP - that brought the download speed down to 60mbit/second only, the moment we killed the process it jumped back up to 220mbit/second.