1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dolphin Help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ChetMaker, Feb 12, 2010.

1. ChetMaker

ChetMaker Member

I have two things, one I can easily find and open my pad_input thing but my dolphin can't find it...or any of the others.

Secondly is there anyway to get dolphin to work with games not on the compatibility list? or anyways to get the dolphin staff to work on a specific game?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You might be able to get games not on the compatibility list to work, if you play around with settings, etc.
    I highly doubt you'll be able to get the staff to work on any specific game.

If you are willing to take time and if you know a bit about how to play around with the settings, you can try some of the beta releases.

3. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Some games works on different version of Dolphin emulator.
    and Make sure your PC is up to date.

4. ChetMaker

ChetMaker Member

Well I got a better version from my friend (was free so no scamming there), and all the inputs work but when i press play on the two games nothing will happen. I am downloading a game from the compatibility list right now to see if that is the reason. and If i gave you two games would you be able to help me find the right settings? don't really get that part, do you mean like config or something else?

5. meganova

Which game was it?

6. ChetMaker

ChetMaker Member

I am trying out two. Simpson's hit and run. and NHL hitz 2003. My game that's from the compatibility list is 1080 avalanche
    Post Merge: [time]1266209928[/time]
    hmmmm control fail. 1080 didn't work either...anyone have advice on anything that could help?

7. meganova

Which version did you use?
    Simpsons Hit and Run works okay on 4525, default settings.
    Not sure about NHL 2003 and 1080 Avalanche.

and, can you list down your pc specs?

8. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

My Dolphin had problems with pads too, but I updated DirectX and it was fine.

9. ChetMaker

ChetMaker Member

The pads are fixed it's the game that won't work. I use dolphin 3972 because the new ones didn't owkr.
    intel core 2 CPU
    6600 @ 2.40GHZ
    1.58GHz, 3.25GB of RAM
    XP 2003 (newest patch)

Need anythign else?

10. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

Hmm, well the only thing I can think of is that your graphics card may not be strong enough, low quality/integrated ones aren't compatible with Dolphin.

11. meganova

Try 4525.

Updating your direct x and c++ can solve the pads problems.

Your graphic card?

12. ChetMaker

ChetMaker Member

NVIDIA 9600 GT.
    Direct X is newest and C++ updates are where?
    also in the newer dolphin versions were where i had troubles. can you mediafire or megauplaod your fiiles so i keep the settings? thats hwo i got his one to work.

13. meganova

I got the copy from the main site.
    Check for the link here.
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=26791.0

and update your graphic card driver.

Your PC specs is a bit powerful than mine.
    So, I assume you can run it well.

14. ChetMaker

ChetMaker Member

All right I'm trying 4525 and getting the update. I will tell you if that worked tomorrow.
    Thanks a ----->load<-----

EDIT****
    Either I have the msot updated one or the computer I'm on right now (My dolphin comp has no interwebs) can only downlaod driver updates for it's own card....so this may take a bit longer than tomorrow for me to tell you guys.

15. ChetMaker

ChetMaker Member

Okay decided to come back to this after taking a break and my face is falling off. I have everything updated and the newest version of dolphin but I can't find any C++ updates and you guys say that will fix the pad problem. anyone know where to get x32 XP C++ updates?