1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dolphin 2.0

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by kayshow, Sep 15, 2010.

1. kayshow

kayshow Member

I've been using Dolphin SVN R 4771 for a while now and it runs fine but i just recently downloaded Dolphin 2.0 because the Dolphin SVN R4771's save state feature doesn't work and also it doesn't run Zoids battle Legends. Unfortunately, this Dolphin 2.0 is way slower than Dolphin SVN R 4771 for some reason so now i need any tips on how to configure it to make it go faster.

2. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

The dolphin is open source, and the oficial released by the creators have stopped, try other newer version.
    try the release 6117.
    It's one so good, take some time to configure, but when you find the corret config, there ain't other equal to it.

3. kayshow

kayshow Member

ok...can i get a link???

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

First thing first,
    What is your PC specs?

The official build has been optimized to run most games with minimal problems or any issues that occurred on most SVN builds, but at the expense of emulation speed reduction on some games. There are several way to increase the speed a bit, which are :
    - Turning of the Sound, disable the Audio Throttle, and RE0 fix
    - on the graphic plugin, switch to D3D9, and Enable the EFB Copy to RAM, may cause some graphic issues, using OpenGL is still recommended.
    - Playing the game on Windowed Mode, if its not working, switch to Fullscreen Mode.
    - disabling the Panic Handlers
    - Safe texture hacks/cache need to be turned off, unless you're using certain games that require maps, like Metroid, and LoZ
    - Set the hacks to 'None' as well.

There are other method though, such as using the task manager method, but only works on SVN, plus it cause the emulator crash a lot.
    If all of these step does nothing, then the only way is to upgrade your PC.

Still, the SVN(especially the old one) can run most games at the considerable speed.

5. kayshow

kayshow Member

4GB RAM, Nvidia Geoforce with 2gig memory, 2,13Ghz quadcore, Intel core processor...

6. phscarface

Hm what Nvidia? Ram is DDR2 or DDR3, and what's the clock frequence? (MHZ)
    The I3 processor is cool to play in it.
    But if you got a f*ckin' GPU the processor slow it down.

7. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

That's an i7 processor, Chris. It's the only quad-core processor on the market right now. i3 and i5 are dual-core.

EDIT: or not. I guess they DO make i5 quad-cores.

8. phscarface

Oh I see, it's cuz I just understanded half it, I see the 2.13 and I think was a I3 ^^
    Thanks for telling me.
    And yes, I5 does have Quad Core, but up to I5 and some I7, I prefer the Q9550, some I7 are lower than it as they guy's there. Thye I7 640LM
    The Q9550 have 1333GHZ and 12MB of cache at 2.83Ghz, some I7 doesn't have this, so I prefer it, but there's the more powerfun, the I7 980x for example.
    But I guess he's using a Notebook huh?
    Hmm Nvidia with 2GB for notes...