1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Does this make sense?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnnieBob, Feb 20, 2010.

1. JohnnieBob

JohnnieBob Well-Known Member

Hey, guys.
    I've made a new video and I'm not sure if it makes that much sense... Can you guys tell me if it is accurate?
    (Please don't call me a "wappanese" Moderasian....)

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

It's an awesome vid man :D

3. super_pastafari32

super_pastafari32 Well-Known Member

where is the vid?

4. JohnnieBob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UroOq1q-2NU
    I'm not sure why it didn't come up....

5. super_pastafari32

the video was good but people like me need more (much more) to understand the Japanese language

the vid was OK but i think you can improve XD

6. JohnnieBob

Does it make sense though? If you didn't know how to read the A I U E O hirigana, would that make any sense?

7. Paddette

Paddette Well-Known Member

Too fast.

Also learning to read before you can talk is a bit weird. Having pronunciation would help.

8. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

HiRAgana.

RA. RA. RA RA RA RA RA.

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Deck the harrs with bows of horry, fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra.

10. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

I think you should learn the language in SCHOOL before you think you're capable of teaching others.

Don't teach hiragana before you're able to read it yourself. If you could read it, then you would know that hiragana is spelled ひらがな (hiragana). Teaching it as "hirigana" implies that ら is RI.

ら is RA.
    り is RI.

ひりがな (hirigana) is not a word or phrase in Japanese.

Ergo, it's obvious you copy and pasted ひらがな from a website into your video, rather than actually typing it using the Japanese IME on your computer.

11. MessoMesso

I believe RomU has a My Japanese Coach for the DS floating somewhere... I've never tried it, but it might be worth a shot for you.

Yes, learn all of the kana first before trying to teach it to others... And don't forget the stroke order, man!

12. Born2killx

And regarding your "pronunciation" of kana, え is pronounced as "ehh", not "EYY!!!".

Therefore, へ (he) is pronounced as "heh", not "HEYY!!!!!!".

13. super_pastafari32

so he don't wrote hiragana right eh
    mmm... oh well at least a, e, i, o, u are right. right?

14. Born2killx

The vowel order in Japanese is A-I-U-E-O. All hiragana and katakana are ordered and recited this way in the alphabet.

15. MessoMesso

On another note, you should really proofread your videos before leashing them onto the Internet. "Leasson," huh... Man, I]m acquainted with a native English speaker that works as an English teacher in Japan, and she would totally get your neck for this! Not to scare you or anything. At least you got the stroke order right...

I'mma teach yer ass how to read!

16. Born2killx

He probably got those stroke order animations from GIFs on the Internet as well.

17. JohnnieBob

Deleted.
    I shall revise ALL mistakes I made.

And I can read Hiragana, Not sure why I wrote Hirigana....
    Very sorry all :D
    Post Merge: [time]1266762751[/time]
    Here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqFheTpogmM
    I changed it to the help you gave me.
    Again, tell me what's wrong with it. Try not to make me fell like a complete 'tard' this time :D

18. MessoMesso

Leasson... Iason, oh Iason. It's a shame, yes? You buckled down to fear at that last moment, and now what is lost can never be reclaimed... Maybe I'll write in a happy ending for you instead. I really feel sorry for making you suffer, even if you are a fictional character.

There are loads of "How to Learn Japanese" on YouTube right now, and I'll be damned if those professional, effective ones from the '80s aren't on Pirate Bay. Adding sound bites to help the reader pronounce it would really bring your video up a notch. You have anime videos on your computer, right? Use sound bites from that.

19. stirgo1212

stirgo1212 Well-Known Member

Watching Japanese TV shows for hours may improve your Japanese. No?
    ONLY if there are subtitles

20. MessoMesso

Only if there's subtitles.