1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Does the new R4i SDHC v1.59b firmware support DSi ver. 1.4.4E?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by PurbleRabble, Jul 1, 2012.

1. PurbleRabble

PurbleRabble Member

Hey guys,

I read somewhere that the new R4i SDHC v1.59b firmware is meant to support DSi ver. 1.4.4E, however when I downloaded it onto my R4i SDHC card, it still didn't work and came up with the usual message of:
    If anyone can tell me if this new firmware should be preventing this error, or if not, if they could enlighten me on something else that may help, I would greatly appreciate it! ;D

Thanks in advance.

2. PurbleRabble

PurbleRabble Member

I don't have a DS Lite unfortunately... is there another way around this yet?

3. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Did you have to bump up an old thread?
    And no, there isn't. Buy a new card that is already pre-flashed.

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Nice....
    Ask for help in July, came back in November to reply to the respond.
    Took her 4 months......WOW!!!!! Way to go......
    I should assume her next respond to Xeni's post is due in MARCH?
    Xeni, I hope you don't mind the long wait for her reply sometime around 3rd month of 2013!!! :p ;) :eek: ::)

5. Mr.Heuristic

Mr.Heuristic Active Member

If your cart is an R4i-3DS from R4i-SDHC.COM ....Version 1.63b kernel supports R4i-3DS latest firmware upgrade to v4.4 .... and you don't need a DS-Lite ... you can use a DSi ... (my preference) .... 'Cos ...The DSi supports HotSwap in the Slot1 ... allowing you to stoke up FW upgrade option on a good cart .... then hot swapping to the blocked cart for the FW x'fer upgrade. But the DSi needs to be @ pre-blocked FW level.

6. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

I'll be waiting.

7. PurbleRabble

PurbleRabble Member

It's not an R4i 3DS, it's just a normal R4i SDHC V1.4.1
    I updated it to v1.64b and managed to get a DS Lite, however when I pressed 'Upgrade', it just came up with 'Current Version' and nothing more, no Start button or anything. Do I need to be connected to wifi or something?