1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Does the 3DS support all network types?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Boyav, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Boyav

Boyav Well-Known Member

The house I live in only has WPA2 and I am really tired of not being able to play online with Pokemon, Fire Emblem, etc.

So, my question is, does the 3DS support more network types than the DS does?

Also, are flashcarts usable on 3DS? (Probably not, but still want to know for sure)

2. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

It supports WPA, but only in more recent games that also support WPA iirc.

3. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

1- There is a chance. I didn't saw that part of the configurations, but since DSi already has support for WPA, there is always the chance.

2- Rumours say that the 3DS will have a system inside that will break down once a flash card is used. Waiting confirmation of how this will work, since the whole idea goes against the law of some western lands.

So far, DS FlashCards are working on 3DS for DS games.... until next firmware.

4. Boyav

Boyav Well-Known Member

Also, in addition to that, can a game that doesn't support WPA2 be played on the 3DS with Wi-Fi?

5. asdfth12

asdfth12 Well-Known Member

Speaking of network types, is 3ds wireless compatiable with a regular ds's wireless? (Me and a friend play a lot of metroid prime hunters. He doesn';t have a copy so he always uses download play.)

6. majkelpajkel

majkelpajkel Member

Yes, it works.

Tried Mario Kart and Mario Party, both worked like normal. Download play from a rom running from a flash cart works as well. Tried with my old DS Lite and my 3ds.

You get to choose whether you want to use 3DS Download Play or DS Download Play when you start the Download Play application on the 3ds.