1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Does project 64 use the RAM upgrade pak?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Chichimoge, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chichimoge

Chichimoge Active Member

I'm playing DK64, (I would play on my actual N64 if I had any working controllers) but some textures don't load and some models don't form right? So how can I fix this? Thanks.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Well conkers bad fur day worked-and that is basically a ruder version of the same game...

Try changing the plugin settings-and what are your pc's specs-I have yet to try but every other games has worked...

But the n64 emulators were never done-the star wars games don't work right.

All of them....

3. Chichimoge

Chichimoge Active Member

I'll try changing my plug-ins. My computer has pretty good specs so I don't think my computer is the problem.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

So what are they?

My laptop can just run re5 on lowest settings..not bad.'

2ghz speed-1 gb ram.

...Tommoro i might try it and see-as i have it in my external drive which ain;t here...

Have other games had this issue?

If conkers bad fur day works I see no reason why this won't.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

try zelda majoras mask, that game requires it.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Good idea.
    That works on mine-and it's also a great game :)

7. Chichimoge

Chichimoge Active Member

My computer has 3 gigs ram and 1.87 ghz

8. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

Yes it does support the expansion pack. The main thing of importance for PJ64 is:

CPU/Graphics (DX8 or higher standard preferred)/Ram

Long time since I played this (I was one of 3 original testers) - seem to remember it needed certain .ini settings. Was never perfected on the released version. Haven't checked the recent (unreleased) Alphas, might give them a try later.

>But the n64 emulators were never done-the star wars games don't work right.

They work somewhat using LLE graphics and the software graphics plugin. The Factor 5 games, Rogue Squadron/Naboo/Indiana Jones used some highly unorthodox programming methods, that team were amazing.

PJ64 isn't dead btw, I envisage that a public release PJ64 2.0 will happen at some point in the future. Was put back a bit though due to Zilmar and Jabo having real life work to do :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.