1. This forum is in read-only mode.

does pokemon shiny gold v4 work alright?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by soviettzu, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soviettzu

soviettzu New Member

I got it and it seems to run alright I'm not sure if its a complete game though.

when I first start it up (I'm running it on VBA) I get a "the 1M sub-circuit board is not installed" message and then when I try and save it says to exchange the backup memory.. what do I need to do?

I was going to just install the version 5 patch but when I tried to run the IPS.exe it said it couldnt work on my machine, I think this is because I am running windows xp 64-bit.

It does work when I use VBA's save feature (that saves you realtime) but it dosent work the way it should with the ingame menu.

any tips? even if I can get it to run I want to know if there are any major glitches later in the game or anything like that. thanks

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

windows XP 64 bit has terrible software compatibility, you will find that a lot of 32 bit programs will not run on it.

3. soviettzu

soviettzu New Member

do you think that's the case with the patcher?

4. jazzasidari

jazzasidari Well-Known Member

no what loonys saying is that 32 bit programs will not work well on 64 bit

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

quite likely.

They more than likely won't work at all on XP64. Server 2003 was the first 64bit Windows OS to solve most of the compatibility issues with 32 bit software.

6. soviettzu

soviettzu New Member

I've heard that there are a lot of compatibility issues but I haven't really had much, I had to go through a little bit of trouble to get msn to work but that was it.

But on another note, does anyone know if version 4 works alright? the only problems I've had with it I have posted I just want to know so that I dont go all the way through the game and it turns out there is a major glitch like 8 hours in.

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

That error is not related to OS, see if it isn't covered in the common issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.