1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Does Not Work?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by xMinty, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xMinty

xMinty New Member

How come whenever i try playing Magicians Quest on DS it always says "cannot read SAV file Please reinsert DS Card" i did so, same thing happened. Then I tried reinstalling it, same thing happened

Also with FFCC Echoes of Time, it either freezes when I reach the first battle or doesnt allow me to save

Is there something wrong with my fake R4?

Many of the other games have worked fine ._.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Please read the Common Issues thread:
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

As for Echoes of Time error, that is an anti-piracy issue. You need to download the latest cheats database from cheats.gbatemp.net and turn on the Game Fix/Save Fix cheat for the game to make it work.

3. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

Yes*2. Firstly, at best you have a R4 card, this card is responsible for more posts about problems regarding compatibility not just on RomUlation but on many associated sites. Secondly, you have a fake R4 which potentially poses even more problems than the original.

As TirithRR points out there is a work around for Echoes of Time, but you should know that you will be forever looking for these fixes due to your poor card. I understand(more than most) that cost can be an issue and cards such as cyclods are very expensive but a very cheap and hastle free option is to get the Edge card(if you have a little more to spend Cyclods and AceKard 2 are currently the best).
    Help will always be given through sites such as RomUlation even for dud cards. For a very small investment your ability to try out many roms without the problems associated with R4 and it's clones/fakes is to my mind better than suffering silly card errors that most of the other card makers solved a long time ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.