1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Does nintendo block DS using flashcarts

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by timmy1991, Jul 8, 2011.

1. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I've been using a flashcart for about 3 years now, and have always been able to connect to Nintendo WFC, but now when I try to connect it says it can't find the IP address. It's not an issue with the router because I can connect to the internet with my PC and modded PSP. I don't think it's a problem with the DS itself since it can still detect wireless connections.

It worked up until I connected to WFC with Pokemon Black and traded a couple of pokemon. I then turned it off, and when I turned it back on it wouldn't connect

EDIT:
    I reset the router and wireless settings on the DS and it is working now

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

No, Nintendo can not even detect that you are using a flash cart unless you call them up to tell them or send it to them personally. I can assure you, something is wonky with how the DS is receiving the signal. My DS likes to pull that BS every once in awhile. Resetting your modem should cure the issue if I remember of how I fixed it. I know the router itself didn't have to be bothered with.

3. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

The router and modem are one unit, so I will have to reset the whole system... It's just weird that it was working up until I did that trade