1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Does Nintendo Bash Sony?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Lephantome92, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Lephantome92

Lephantome92 Well-Known Member

Ive searched, and no matter how i organize my words, all i seem to get are results about sony bashing nintendo. i dont wanna be prejudiced just because ive always had nintendo systems. so, has nintendo ever bashed things that sony has done in the same way sony has bashed nintendo? remember- i did use google, but no matter what the order of the words was, all i got were results of sony bashing nintendo.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

of course they have. All companies bash their competitors, its part of business.

3. Lephantome92

sorry for my bad linguistics :( but how? of course everyone can get mad at anyone, its just a matter of how mad, or how they control said anger

4. Loonylion

its not about being mad. It's about stealing customers from each other by putting down the opposition and persuading their customers to come to you instead.

5. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Well-Known Member

I would be more interested in seeing an actual instance of said bashing, now just "of course they have."

6. Lephantome92

I'm w/ randomredmage-i know every company wants to sell better, but who's more "sportsman-like" when it comes to selling.

7. Loonylion

ethics and sportsmanship are not prevalent in commerce.

8. tehrmc08

tehrmc08 Active Member

I don't know who's more sportsmanlike, but something you should know about searching...
    Try putting the phrase you want in quotes. For instance, you searched the phrase nintendo bashes sony, but if you put in "nintendo bashes sony" (quotes are important, put those in too), you get something like this:
    http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/nintendo-bashes-sony-and-ms---/732663
    Quotes are a feature that allow you to search for an entire phrase as one sort of "keyword," otherwise it's going to take your phrase and break it up into word-by-word.

9. Lephantome92

tehrmc08, please dont take anything im about to say as being derogatory; this is meant politely
    i didnt really see that as "bashing" so much as being "overly proud." plus as the thread continued, it seemed to go away from being a discussion about company rivalry to jes' being an argument about what "real gaming" is all about. (on a side note, they shouldnt be blaming ninty 100% for the lower number of T or M games (ESRB rating system, idk about how other systems work), but should be also blaming developers. the developers get a choice of what systems they wanna do it for, so theyre also responsible, besides, a few of the most popular fps genres are also on the wii) also (aand this is the part that can unintentionally sound like im bashing you, so i apologize), i knew about quotes searching for the exact phrase, but that totally slipped my mind when i was searching.

10. hirokaski

hirokaski Well-Known Member

i think Nintendo are winning this console war well once kid Icarus and resident evil Revelations are out the vita will have tough competition to make something good plus the 3ds is getting ff7 or dragon quest 7 im leaning more to final fantasy 7 as the series was originally nintendo's and would be awesome to see a reboot on the 3ds we know its possible

11. Loonylion

Sony own FF7, I highly doubt the 3ds will get it.

12. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

Wait. What?

Just because a handheld/console has one or two great games doesn't mean that it WILL win. You still have the entire library to count

Personally, I think Nintendo is winning when it comes to handhelds and it's either Sony or Microsoft in consoles. Wii lost a lot last year. It's a great console, I know. Quite smart. But they lacked any third party support. Whilst DS had a lot of it compared to the PSP. I still think PSP has its own strong points.

Uhh...no. FF series is a multiplatform now. Just because it was once an exclusive series to Nintendo consoles doesn't mean it will always be.

Seriously. Please. I'm begging you. Punctuations and Capitalization. I'm getting teary eyed here.

13. Loonylion

More to the point, it was a sony exclusive when FF7 was released, therefore sony own the rights to FF7. nintendo can't have it unless they license it from sony, which isnt likely to happen.

14. Lephantome92

Yay grammar Nazi! Well, you're close. I think for a fully-fledged grammar Nazi, that would be: "Seriously, I'm begging you. Please use punctuation and capitalization. I'm getting teary-eyed here."
    :D (my mom would sometimes be a grammar Nazi all over my (insert word)).

15. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Blood a grammar nazi? Nooooo

16. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

Both of the handhelds have great games like Mario Kart 7, Uncharted, Oot and Katamari. Personally If I were to choose between both handhelds I would stand in doubt because I love the nintendo franchises, however I also love Little Big Planet, Uncharted and Sly.
    Oh and about which company bashes which, I think Sony is quite an "aggresive" company, but as Loony stated, there is no sportsmanship in commerce.

17. SkySonata

SkySonata Member

I secretly wish a convo between Miyamoto san and Iwata san regarding Sony...

What if there are a lot of curse words? o_O