1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Does it really matter if the rom is [E] or [U]?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tanyushka, May 25, 2010.

1. Tanyushka

Tanyushka New Member

I always wonder which one to chose.
    Does it really matter?
    If they both in english, why it need to be mentioned if its [E] or ?

Just wondering.... ::)

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

colour will be spelt properly as opposed to color :p
    i dont think it matters really, unless a game has area specific extras in or something
    ive found most are just the same

3. ikke009

ikke009 Member

some of the e games have more in-game languages then u games.. also most of the e games release later, so sometimes there are some bugs which are removed.. but if a game has anti-piracy (ap), the crack mostly works on only one of the 2 versions of the game, which is 9/10 times the u version..

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

in the case of DS roms, the general rule is no it doesn't matter, (E) will probably have more languages in it than (U), but that is not always the case. In some games, there are significant differences, for example the guitar hero games, where the (E) and (U) versions have different set lists.

5. Rayder

Rayder Well-Known Member

Any online interaction might lag using a ROM outside of your region, otherwise I don't think it really matters. Since I don't bother playing games online, it truly doesn't matter to me. Whichever region version hits the scene first that contains English wins in my book. Very rarely is there any difference in the actual game itself.

6. Tanyushka

Tanyushka New Member

Thank you.
    I didnt cared as long as i had english in it...
    Thank you very much !
    So many ROMS in this site i can imagine all the hard work.... i think im gonna pay for premium ! :D

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I did, but only to support RomU. :)
    I'll be Premium for as long as I possibly can.

8. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Generally, I've heard Eur ROMs run at a slower framerate than US ROMs.

9. richh 24

richh 24 Member

and the action replay codes would be different

10. gotenss4

gotenss4 New Member

well you do have a point since they are really both exactly the same so i guess it really does not make a difference

11. Chdonga

Chdonga Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter to me whether the rom is [US] or [EU] after all, the only difference is color is spelled with a 'u' WHICH DOESN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE. The only thing that might not work is putting the US .sav in the EU rom.

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

that would be because the television system operates at a lower framerate. It doesnt apply to DS roms.

13. drteletubbie

drteletubbie Well-Known Member

It does work. But the .sav file has to be the same name as the game...that's the only rule.