1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Does Dragon Ball GT really deserve all the bad rap it gets?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Xalfrea, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Xalfrea

Xalfrea Well-Known Member

Hmm... all this talk about GT being non canon just because it's hated.

I don't think it's THAT bad. Sure some of the early parts were a bit weird, but it picked up, and by the time it got to Baby on earth, the show definitely got me back in. The Omega Shenron arc is one of my favorite DB arcs overall in the entire franchise.

I'd like to think of it as similar to ZZ Gundam, lousy at first, but better later.

Saying something is non-canon simply because fans or people loathe or hate it isn't justifiable enough. While your at it, why not discount Godfather 3 from the Godfather trilogy? Or the Star Wars prequels? Why not discount Rocky V from the Rocky movies?

As plot holey as it was, for me, it still continued the story. And don't pretend that you didn't get a bit emotional for the final GT ending in episode 64.

Unlike money-grabbing whores that revive franchises solely for the sake of money, GT was one of those that looked like at least some heart and effort was put into it. But all in all I feel GT doesn't deserve all the bad rap it gets. Toriyama, I think, doesn't feel bad about it at all. If he did feel bad about it he would have downright blatantly said it doesn't count in his canon.

In fact, everything I've ever heard or read indicates that Toriyama actually loves GT. He's been quoted as saying he wished he had thought of some of the things they had done. Whether you like it or not GT exists as part of the ANIME cannon same as Garlic Jr. Sure they're plot holes galore with both, but they were inserted into the Anime's history.

Yet, people or some of the more "fandumb" of the fandom seem to blast it any given moment for no apparent reason. In fact I think most of them just jump on the bandwagon and say its bad because other people say so.

So what do you all think?

2. cuccio123

cuccio123 Well-Known Member

No, I don't think it does.
    It's pretty good, but not as good as it was before.
    DB is still the best,
    but I can't say that GT is a bad series.

3. arkonad

arkonad Active Member

I agree Xalfrea. just because GT didnt have as good as a story as dbz it not all bad. the only problem i have is the look they gave trunks.

4. super_pastafari32

super_pastafari32 Well-Known Member

i think the only good thing of DBGT is the SSJ4 and the gogeto last fusion (it's my opinion, respect it)

5. Avatar33

i personally like dragon ball gt. just cause other people thinks its bad but i like it especially the newly introduced super saiyan jin 4 and super gogeta in his ssj4 mode

6. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

nah i dont like Dragon Ball GT, The only good thing about Dragon Ball GT is Pan and later Bulla......

The storyline kindda sucks..... i hate what they do to No.17, Super No.17 look like your regular Jerk. Lucky they didnt do anything to No.18.

the series also contain inconsistency like Pan cant go Super Saiyan its because they said her Saiyan blood is too little, and then we witness Goku Jr and Vegeta Jr go super saiyan without even trying.

7. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

I like GT, but what happens to Piccolo makes me almost dislike it...i like piccolo...