1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Does anyone understand football video games?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Roshi, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Roshi

Roshi Well-Known Member

When I was little I received an NFL game cartridge for the N64 console. Playing it for five minutes made me realize that I hadn't any idea how to play. Do footballers even know how these video games are played?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

do 'footballers' even know why it's called 'football' when they rarely kick the ball?

3. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

because they are american and stupid, soccer is the real football.

my mate keeps on trying to get me to play madden and i don't get it but i'd rather woop him on PES

4. Reider

Reider Modereider

If memory serves, our football originated from Rugby football, some guy just thought it would be cool to make a bunch of changes to it and we ended up with what it currently is.

As far as the name goes, I'm assuming its just laziness as far as changing it goes, and I'm sure there would be a lot of bitching if they tried changing it now so I doubt thats going to happen either.

I like to play it every once in a while, but when me and my friends play, we don't have any pads to soften the blows for us either. Its ultimately more fun to play than it is to watch in my opinion, but not too many people seem to agree with me. :-\

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It's because they suck at it :p I play a bit in my spare time with mates.

6. Roshi

Roshi Well-Known Member

I find your comment about Americans to be extremely offensive. :p

7. Salaskan

Salaskan Member

I know how football (the sport that played with the foot) is played, yes. No idea about the rugby-like game though, I always presume that you have to take the ball, wait for the rest of the players to push you on the ground and flatten you, and then give it away.

8. I love to play madden, Its just to bad I got into football now that I'm almost done school -.-

9. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Yes....footballers probably do know how to play football games....

It's actually quite a good sport...it's just a pain to watch with all the advertisements the
    Americans throw in...

10. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

Yep, thats America for you. Sitting around, drinking beer, and acting like you could actually play. Honestly, whenever I feel like playing American football, everyone else is watching it. Now soccer, as we Americans call it, is a complete joke here. And considering this is one of the first and greatest sports, I am offended at how no one seems to care for it here.

11. equitypetey

i don't know why americans see real football the game where you actually play with your foot or soccer as a joke because it takes alot more technical skill, it might be americans are rubbish at it also the reason they don't play the offside rule. if you like soccer you need to watch british football its the fastest and best in the world.

12. rounds25

Exactly. I'm embarrassed for my drunk country's opinion.

13. equitypetey

we are just as drunk but we still get out for a kick around

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Seph and I drink a fair bit; it's a well known fact that programmers write better code when drunk :)

15. equitypetey

is it because you can zone in with your blured vision and see it like the matrix ;D

16. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Pff, Matrix style is so last year, now-a-days we just think and the code appears. The booze just help us think more creative thoughts than normally.

17. rounds25

And besides, matrix only happens when your on crack.

18. Fatnick36

Fatnick36 New Member

wow... italians r the best at soccer and football takes a lot more skill than you think try playing it

19. equitypetey

italians are not the best by a long shot. very slow and they cheat

20. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Follow the [rules]. Do not use internet shorthand.