1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Does anyone know how to write in Italian?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Geminis076, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Geminis076

Geminis076 Well-Known Member

Hi, does anyone know how to write in Italian? A person located in Italy purchased an eBay item from me, and I need to ask them a question. I don't know if they read english, and the person is really bad at replying to my messages. Actually they've never replied to my messages, but they have paid for the item.

It's a real simple question, it's basically "What color would you like?", but there's a bit more so if anyone can help and has time, please feel free to contact me. Thanks!

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

If you use an online translator like Babelfish (http://babelfish.yahoo.com/), you should be able to at least get a your message understood.

Like:
    What color is the product?
    Che colore è il prodotto?

Did you receive my payment?
    Avete ricevuto il mio pagamento?

It works well for simple messages. Just make sure to use proper grammar and spelling.

3. Patton

Patton Guest

I can speak Italian,

"What color would you prefer?"
    Che farebbe il colore lei ama

What else do ya' need?

Also, the online translators swap the words around, and make you sound like an indian.

"Color would like you"

Hehe ;)

4. Geminis076

Hi, thanks for the help so far. I posted this on Yahoo answers too, and someone replied. Now I'm wondering if someone can check this, just to be sure I'm not calling their mama ugly, or complimenting their boobs!

This is the question I posted, followed by the response I received:

Hello, thank you for your payment. When possible, please tell me which color or colors you would like for each sticker. I can ship once I know which color or colors you would like. Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ciao, vi ringrazio per il pagamento. Quando possibile, la prego di dirmi quale colore o colori che si desidera per ogni vignetta. Sono in grado di nave una volta so che colore o colori che si desidera. Grazie.

5. Geminis076

Hi, just updating to say that the customer FINALLY got back to me with their color choice. They want white if anyone is curious :D .

6. Patton

Patton Guest

Great!

And that answer you received on Yahoo Answers was perfect!

Take care