1. This forum is in read-only mode.

does anyone know how to fix?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by wasabimaro, Apr 19, 2012.

1. wasabimaro

wasabimaro Member

i have a r4i 3ds and my dsi is updated to v1.4.4 my firmware on my r4i is v1.5.5b. whenever i start my ds and click on my game icon, i will get a message saying: an error has occurred. please turn off your system, etc. i then tried without my sd card in my r4i and it came out with the same results. does anyone know a solution to this problem? i had my r4i working a few months ago, then i stopped using it and got this problem. please help!

2. DominicSpolec

DominicSpolec Active Member

Hi, i think your card is r4i sdhc 3ds from r4i-sdhc.com , that problem happened because you updated your DSi before you update your flashcard, so your flashcart can not support the updated DSi, and now you need to update your r4i SDHC 3ds card with a DS console.

3. wasabimaro

wasabimaro Member

so i have to get my friend's dsi with my 1.5.5b firmware on the r4i and update that dsi to 1.4.4 while my r4i is in the game slot?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no, you need to update the R4i, not the DSi.

5. wasabimaro

wasabimaro Member

:eek:how do i update my r4i? sorry for not knowing this common knowledge.

v1.5.5b firmware is the latest kernel and supports the 1.4.4 version on my dsi

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you basically have to run an update file using a console lower than the firmware that blocks the cart.

Also ignore people telling you to format your SD card. That's a last resort because it burns up the write cycles on the card.

7. wasabimaro

wasabimaro Member

thanks everyone that helped me with this thread. ill try out the solutions now.

8. Mr.Heuristic

Mr.Heuristic Active Member

Let us know how you went here ...wasabimaro
    I am very familiar with the R4i-3DS carts ...
    I used to sell / support them ....

If members offerings fixed your problem you should show them respect ... with a THANK YOU !!!
    we're . . . WAITING !!!!! for a reply