1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Does anyone here water ski?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by smiddy_rockstar, Mar 2, 2009.

1. smiddy_rockstar

smiddy_rockstar New Member

Just thought I'd like to get in touch with anyone else who does it.

I've been skiing for about 3 seasons now, only thing is I can't seem to stand up on just 1 ski. I can do 2 just fine, and I'm pretty good on a knneboard but its just the single ski which really pisses me off.

So anywaysssssss, anyone got any tips?

2. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

I should really try it, I live almpst next door to the scottish waterski-ing centre so I dont have any excuses. Plus there thinking about changing to a wire drag system, so it will be cheaper than when a bot is used.

3. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

For some reason water skiing scares the shit out of me, i wake-board though

4. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

I would like too but don't much

5. miros

miros Well-Known Member

If you would like my two cents, I always have my left foot on the back of the ski, knees bent, arms straight and have the driver "hit-it" as fast as the boat can go!!! If balancing is your problem, try just standing on one ski out of the water until you feel more comfortable. I have seen people get out of the water using two skis but then slip one off after they are up, just to get a feel for using just one ski. Good Luck!
    miros
    (ps-getting up and out of the water is defiantly the most difficult part using only one ski, but once you get it, its a piece of cake!)