1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Does any one draw anime?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by 2DamCerius, Sep 27, 2010.

1. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

I spend an allotted amount of time on drawing dragonball Z, but recently I have been all over the place with Metroid, Zelda, Bleach, Gundam, Read or Die, and Guyver. I am particularly interested in drawing stuff like Guyver--I just like different creatures.

The anatomy is very organic and it requires a lot detail. Its the dynamic part of giving the creatures a stance is what makes it difficult. I try and imitate stuff from the comics and see if I could substitute the figures for what I want to sketch.

2. basho1213

basho1213 Well-Known Member

I draw quite alot used to do mainly anime/manga like stuff.
    Then i took anatomy. If you can you should take an anatomy class itll really open up
    a new way of thinking when you draw if you embrace it.

3. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

Exactly what I was thinking since the classics (e.g. Michelangelo) are very good at drawing anatomy I have to focus on major details in order to profile each part of the body.

4. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

Might I suggest uploading you're stuff somewhere?

5. The Ice Phoenix

The Ice Phoenix New Member

Did u upld it newhr?

6. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

This isnt a text message, learn to actually type out what you want to say. Also N-e-whr is what your looking for not newhr, that just makes you sound like an idiot.

7. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Well-Known Member

Before you start out to define your own style it's best that you master realistic drawings. Just trying to prove to people its your own "Style" if you have not even the slightest knowledge of at least the basic forms of a human & the tricks of an Artist.

But meh... here's my Gallery. School has made me too busy to upload my newer works now though... And some of the new ones are just temporary placeholders until I draw in the Serious Versions.

http://www.haimerejloh.deviantart.com/