1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Documentary

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kage56, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Kage56

Kage56 Well-Known Member

I'm about to propose parts of history as my documentary's focus
    can anyone list some events in history that i could look up, i need enough to last me 10 minutes but enough for a good grade
    This is for digital media, btw

if i had a choice, i wouldn't do this...
    it's my exam T^T

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

What kind of history events did you want?
    War? People?

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Where do you live (country and region of country)? What educational level is this for?

4. maggiemaymay

maggiemaymay Well-Known Member

First of all, you need to find a subject whose interesting and won't put the class to sleep. I would recommend the first emperor of China. This video has 9 parts.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUJr1Y2PNPI
    You could talk about how he united all of China, how he ate mercury and then went mad because his advisors told him to eat it because he was looking for the elixir of life, how he had his brothers executed because his mother was plotting against him. You could talk about his tomb, this big underground city, jewels and pearls on the ceiling that mimics stars in the sky, flowing rivers of mercury powered by some sort of mechanism. How architects, engineers, concubines were forced to stay with him during burial, in fact buried alive.

I have more subjects if interested. I love history.

5. Kage56

Kage56 Well-Known Member

It's not a public documentary, but i'll keep that in mind.
    I'm not to keen on history since half the things we discuss revolve around war, immigration, discrimination, etc.]
    That looks like something interesting so i'm going to keep that one in mind, thanks :D

any events that won't stir up anything. Depressions, Immigration, People, etc.
    though she's slightly lenient since there was a kid who turned in an interview where he said he'd buy an interviewee some weed if he went along...

USA, and i guess 11th grade if that's what you're looking for.
    the class is digital media, forgot to point that out -.-"

6. Loonylion

digital media presumably implies you want something you can get archive media of, so probably not much further back than the 1914-1918 war.

7. Kage56

Kage56 Well-Known Member

I can use just images, mix, etc. for this if you were saying that i was mostly looking for clips of historical event.
    I can work with just images and probably add to the flow of images with a clip or two.
    I'm going with slightly mixed since i'm pretty new at using media editing software, but my teacher's not that great at it either... maybe, can't tell since she barely teaches us...
    most we've done were Inpiration 8 and PowerPoint, and she wasn't that much of techie.

why not further back than the 1914-1918 war, btw?

8. maggiemaymay

maggiemaymay Well-Known Member

I don't know what digital media means so I will take Loonylion's definition of it. How about the story of Anna Anderson? Anastasia, the supposed surviving daughter of Tsar Nicolas of Russia? How she spent all her life saying who she is and no one believed her, even when they did DNA, she was not Anastasia. They even made the Disney movie Anastasia after her.

9. Kage56

Kage56 Well-Known Member

digital media is like stuff related to digital photography, interviews, digital films, music(we don't do this, dammit), video editing(we never learned this), news feeds, etc.
    basically, anything that involves pixels, a computer, digital stuff that provides information, source of entertainment, etc.

10. Loonylion

relatively little media survives from before that time (with the exception of written). that was also the early days of motion video.