1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Do Yourselves a Favour and Buy Pokemon HG/SS

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by sexywogboy, Mar 28, 2010.

1. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

I've played roughly 16 hours into SoulSilver and seriously have to say HG/SS are one of the best RPG games ever made.

The MASSIVE amount of content in the game is close to unbelievable. You have:

- The Pokewalker
    - 16 Gym Leaders
    - 2 regions
    - Battle Frontier
    - Pokeathlon
    - Pokemon walking behind you

The list seriously goes on. What I was really disappointed with on Diamond/Pearl was that there was so little choice in Pokemon to catch in the main story. That isn't the case at all in Pokemon SoulSilver, as you now not only have the massive choice in the game itself, but you also have the Pokewalker.

The Pokewalker is just brilliant, how it wasn't more advertised...I will never know. It's accuracy in the steps you take is spot on and is completely silent, not like the old Digimon pendulums which would make loud shaking noises in public. The battling and catching is very simple, but certainly not easy.

Really, with all the problems you've had to go through with patches for the ROM's etc., do youselves and Game Freak a favour and just buy the games. You seriously won't regret it. The Pokewalker alone really is enough incentive to buy the game.

2. freehand01

freehand01 Well-Known Member

already bought one just for the sake of the pokewalker

3. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I am planning to buy it, I just need some cash...
    In the Philippines., it cost's like 3000-4000 pesos, I think. I'm kinda broke.
    (In America, that's like, 60-80 dollars, I think)
    Think, Think, Think, Think, Think. That's all I do.

4. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

i'm around 20 hours into the game now.... i really love pokewalker, i hope its get bundle in very pokemon game in the future.

5. freehand01

yeah I bought mine din toy kingdom, it cost me a lot....
    that is the second cart that I bought after my EDGE...
    and then there was the AR code...lol

6. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Yeah. Gold and Silver were the best games in the whole Pokemon Series. Too bad they used the Platinum engine to remake it, I guess they wouldn't afford to make a new engine for a remake of the past games.

7. ventehxieteh

ventehxieteh Well-Known Member

wait a minute... aside from the pokewalker, nothing else is the advantage of buying the legit game right? I mean the non legit has 2 regions and 16 gym leaders and everthing else he just mentioned.. or i am wrong? I have a pokemon walking behind me.. ;D

8. saddamsdevil

saddamsdevil Well-Known Member

This.

Even though I will get it later for collectors value, I am perfectly fine not paying atm.

9. nicohoot2007

nicohoot2007 Active Member

I hate remakes but this one is no ordinary remake its an unbelievable remake,another recommended game for ds. ;)

10. tuddy

tuddy Member

This is one of those few games I consider "worth" full price. I actually queued up prior to college on the day it came out (26th March) to buy my copy, and I don't regret it. I've only played for about 20-30 hours, but I'm enjoying it so far. There's a -lot- of stuff to do, and I'll be playing it for quite a while. If you can't afford it, then fair enough, but buy it as soon as you -can- afford it, it's just that good.

11. knightof3

knightof3 Well-Known Member

i actually would but then i would have to start over and cry to myself XD

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Nope...it's $40. :p

I find this game worth-while, but after this, I may not buy another Pokemon game as I get bored very easily with them after a while...
    The Pokewalker is very fun though. :)

I recommend buying it.

13. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

He was talking about his conversion from pesos to USD. If it does amount to $60-80 USD, that extremely sucks.

Anyway, do yourselves a favor and buy these games so I don't have to deal with everyone's bitching about this game not working on their particular cheapy flashcart. Also, the AR topics are pissing me off too. READ THE OTHER 1x10^6 topics about the AR codes.

14. freehand01

well if you don't buy legitimate games, there will be no more games for the future...^^

15. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

Some people don't have a DS...

16. freehand01

well yeah some use emulators but you cannot use the pokewalker for your PC...
    the people that I'm trying to persuade are the DS owners...

17. ventehxieteh

ventehxieteh Well-Known Member

well in the philippines, shipping adds to the cost.. tax adds to the cost... sellers add their income to the cost... that is why it sucks when games reach here! it is more expensive... way more.. like the iphone cost for examples cost 700$ there? here it cost about 900$ sucks right?

18. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

I have seen on Ebay somebody who selled his whole collection of Pokémon games.

Over 90 games :eek:

19. frostydrag0n

frostydrag0n Well-Known Member

Wahahah! I bought the game on the day it came out! I shall support the pokemon generation games for as long as possible!!

20. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

I would be nice to buy the walker apart!