1. This forum is in read-only mode.

do your N64 ROMs work for project 64?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Bob_Kill123, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob_Kill123

Bob_Kill123 Well-Known Member

do your N64 ROMs work for project 64? i would assume they would but just figured id ask first

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

The far majority of them should, but it's impossible to say that all of them will work, just like you can't say every Ford made will never break down, it depends on a lot of things if the ROM will work, and the largest of them is the emulator. That said, Project 64 is a good emulator so must game should work just fine.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

your computer needs to be capable of emulating N64 as well, (if you have onboard graphics, or any graphics card made by intel, SiS, Matrox or S3, forget it).

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

If you access your N64 ROMs folder via Project64's N64 ROM listing service (it's on one of the options in the File menu titled ROM Directory, I think) it will list down all of your ROMs & tell you if a particular game is supported by the emulator or not :)

5. err

err Well-Known Member

I've got a computer with an SiS onboard graphics card (pretty old) and it can run most N64 games with PJ64, even hard to emulate games such as Perfect Dark. Though I must admit it's still pretty pathetic.

6. Bob_Kill123

Bob_Kill123 Well-Known Member

kool thx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.