1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Do you use an emulator ?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Faryen_Ralph-95, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Faryen_Ralph-95

Faryen_Ralph-95 Active Member

..........Vietnam is a poor country. Almost all the gamers there use VisualBoy Advance 1.8 for GBA roms, and many use NO$GBA 2.6a for DS Roms. Do you use these emulators ? I do use them a lot, because it cost 2.6 million "dong" to buy a DS. But the emulator isn't so good... What should I do to enjoy DS games ? :'(...........

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yeah, I use plenty of emulators, from Snes9x and VBA, to no$gba and ePSXe, as well as Project 64. no$gba is a very good NDS emulator, it has come far. Soon enough, it will be brilliant. If you're having problems with it, post a new thread in Technical Help.

3. Faryen_Ralph-95

.........I don't have a problem so far ;D But in Vietnam all the gadgets for the DS is about 250 dollars.... Is it expensive ? :'( .........

4. Faryen_Ralph-95

........the DS itself yes, the R4 and the memmory card too. But 250 dollars mean 3,400,000 milion Vietnam "dong" :(.........

5. Faryen_Ralph-95

[quote author=Faryen_Ralph-95 link=topic=8198.msg79728#msg79728 date=1214492152]
    ........the DS itself yes, the R4 and the memmory card too. But 250 dollars mean 3,400,000 milion Vietnam "dong" :(.........
    [/quote]

...........oh, sorry, I got that wrong, 3,400,000 "dong" ;D..........

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

3,400,000 "dong"!!

Ugh! That's a fortune, here $250 USD equals PhP11,250, but because of taxes it can grow up to Php13,000

7. Faryen_Ralph-95

.......No, not a fortune, with 10,000 "dong" you will purchase a bread with sausace :-\ So shall I buy a DS ?.......

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Think of economics & monetary value & you'll see why I reacted that way, anyway, if you've got the cash, why not?

9. ultragunner

ultragunner Member

I use VisualBoy Advance 1.8 for GBA roms, IDeas for DS Roms, & Project 64 for Nintendo 64 roms. ;D I tried using Nogba but I found out it cannot play newer NDS Titles. Mainly using a nintendo ds with r4ds for DS Roms.

10. Faryen_Ralph-95

.......No, I gotta work for a year more to reach that fortune :eek: But I want to see if I should save the money to buy it, or use NO$GBA forever ? :(...........

11. ~Liya

~Liya New Member

$250?! That will be..... Rp. 2.500.000. In Indonesia the price will be slighly cheaper. I'm not so sure though.
    And I think if you don't have the money, you don't need to buy it. It's just a game. I didn't have DS myself, I only have 2 PC. Which is for me, more than enough. You just need to be very patient to get the hang of it.

12. ultra

ultra Guest

gba emulator [visual boy, or whatever the current name they're using]. those gba games are hard to find and are expensive.

if you don't have the means necessary to have comfort, just bare with whatever is necessary.

13. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

wow major inflationary prices.

i don't think the USD could get that high in the millions because:
    1. the meaning millionaire would be common
    2. americans can't count past 20.
    3. and change would be eliminated forever, we can't have that! (sarcasm)

14. Sonica

Sonica Well-Known Member

Well, I mainly use Zsnes for the SNES games and VBA for GBA games. Mainly because at this day and age, emulating is the (generally) my choice in playing hard-to-find or never-released-in-PAL games.

The DS games? My R4 is there for it.

15. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

I use VBA for GBA games, until the day that someone is so freakin' awesome to make such an application for the R4 that can play .GBA files, but that's probaly not gonna happen :'(

I use NO$GBA for testing .nds files

16. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It'll never happen. Different circuits and hardware used.

17. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

I use ZSNES for Snes titles, Visual Boy Avance for GBA titles, No$Gba for NDS.

18. waylonn

Know that, but it could be possible...

after 3 years...

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

No, never. Not unless the physical hardware changes.

20. waylonn

uhh ok :(