1. This forum is in read-only mode.

do you think it is worth it

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by j c 2000, Aug 3, 2010.

1. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

to sell a ps2 for a wii

2. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

yes i love wii havent got one :(

3. manaseater

manaseater Well-Known Member

you wont get much for your ps2. hang on to it, its a great system, and wait for some money to come around (if you don't earn any that is) or save a lil here and there for a while.

4. j c 2000

i will get 60 dollars is that enough

5. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

Let me ask this,
    Do you know for sure that you want to trow away your PS2 games you love so much for a Wii
    And Why do you want a Wii and not PS3 or XBOX360?

6. j c 2000

i would never even i could hack a ps3 or xbox360 i respect them too much

7. manaseater

i dunno man, i sold my ps2 a while back and i kinda miss it.

if i find a great deal i might pick one up again just because its still a great system...

8. j c 2000

well maybe ill sell 1 or 2 of the games

9. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

No, it is not.

10. manaseater

Sell all of them.
    but first!! rip them, and burn them.

then use the money to mod your ps2 and get a wii.

Win win win win.

11. j c 2000

yea but my games arent that important.

12. triemie

triemie Well-Known Member

Well it depends on what kind of games you want but in my opinion i would sell it i really love No more Heroes 1 and 2 and Little king Story

13. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Wow, you have a great taste in games! And they're all from the same, great (European) publisher! Rising Star Games forevaaar!
    I never owned a PS2, so I don't know many of the games, but the Wii now has a decent sized catalogue of great games. Also, if you choose to hack it, it becomes an incredibly versatile machine. I use it all the time to stream movies from my PC, or emulate SNES games (and some N64). So I'd recommend getting and hacking a Wii, but as for selling the PS2, I couldn't possibly comment.

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I would say its not worth it, the PS2 has an absolutely massive catalogue of games (far bigger than any current generation console) and theres quite a lot of gems in it.

15. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Here here.

Buy swap magics or a modchip and get some new stuff, especially Japanese games (RPGs with english patches and all the other WTF that never gets to america). You will never regret it.

Wii is nice, but most of its library is shovelware. You get a wii for the same reason you get a Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES...because they have nintendo games. Sure there's third parties but nintendo, being such a powerhouse with 1st/2nd party software, has weaker consoles but...well...nintendo games to make up for it. Usually, though, you can find a substitute for nintendo franchises on PS2. Like new super mario bros? Get klonoa 2. Want Legend of Zelda? Get Okami (thought that IS on both wii and ps2). Like smash bros? Get dream mix tv world fighters

Keep your ps2, man, it's STILL goin!

16. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Much agreed. I am still buying games.
    I picked up two games that are pretty good yesterday at GameStop for $10.

17. triemie

triemie Well-Known Member

`
    thnx and i agree you can just mod you wii with homebrew menu (google it) and you can emulate Snes N64 (if im right) and even GBA games so you can use the wii for a lot more when its hacked

18. j c 2000

yea thats why i want one

19. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

Depends, are you more interested in motion control? if so get it, there are plenty of good wii games (not on the same scale as the ps2 obviously) just do some research.