1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Do You think in Words or Pictures

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tapwatah, Sep 8, 2007.

?

Do you think in words or pictures?

1. Words

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pictures

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tapwatah

tapwatah Well-Known Member

I myself think in words... I know that Einstein thought in pictures. How do you think?

2. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

pictures are nice

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

This isn't exactly accurate, if you're thinking about spatial thinking versus kinesthetic thinking then there's much more to it than just words versus pictures. It also includes musically and mathematically thinking for instance.

An easier way to know whether you think in "words" or "pictures" is to think about how you best learn something. If you prefer thinking abstractly about it, for instance reading it in a book then you think visually or in pictures. Whereas if you learn better with practical hands-on experience then you think in words or rather you're a kinesthetic thinking person.

4. tapwatah

Right, you've obviously read the "different personality types" written by that one person, but I'm just seeing. How else could you think? In videos? I don't think so.

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I haven't actually read that specific book but yeah I've read some on this subject.

Some autistic people see shapes rather than pictures, others think in numbers and others in feelings etc.

6. tapwatah

Yeah... like that one guy that named 21,000 digits of pi... he said he saw in colors.

7. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

I guess in pictures. Once I did an IQ test, which also classified you. I ended up as a visual mathematician. I learn by seeing patterns.

8. jelliefish

jelliefish Member

I like to think in both words and pictures. A picture is worth a thousand words, as they say.

9. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

pictures can depict more than words remember the saying ''actions are better than words''

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

'actions speak louder than words' ;)

theres also 'a picture is worth 1,000 words' :)

11. tapwatah

Well, yeah, a picture may need some describing to actually understand it. It's just kind of weird to think that someone thinks different than you...

12. poiboy

poiboy Well-Known Member

i find it easier to think in braille actually..

(i know i know, i'm soo 1821!)

8)

13. tapwatah

Wow! Never heard of that before.

14. words. dont kknow why, though...

15. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

I think in words. I guess.

16. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

i chose images... but anyway, i think in small clips... my thoughts could get to be a movie... yeah, i know, i'm not normal... but pictures were the closest one...

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I think, according to Seph's first post in this thread, that means you think in words...

18. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

no, i think in pictures that flow and talk to each other... cool, huh??... :D :D :D

19. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

guess what
    i dont think in words or pictures
    i think in my brain *gasp*

20. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

huh... lol??... :D