1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Do you play your original game carts or the ROM backups?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grey, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Grey

Grey New Member

I've been wondering the last few days if others who are into ROM's and stuff use there original carts or just use the backups that they have for that game? I personally am torn on it, I love using my R4 all the time, but for things like Zelda Phantom Hourglass for some reason it feels more real to me playing it on the original Cartridge.. Is that strange?

The only reason I can think of is because I think in 10 yrs time or so I will pickup my game up and put it in the DS and see my save game there and go ahhh yes I remember that.. what fun, like what I do with my copy of Ocarina of Time and Majoras mask for example now. I am the same with Pokemon and Animal crossing as well.

Is anyone else like this? and what do you guys think about it in general. Are gaming memories as important if you own the game or don't? Does it mean more playing your game when you own the original or as a ROM in the longterm?

And NO this is not a argument for or against ROM's I just want to see what people think in general :)

2. I tend to play sonic rush & sonic rush adventure (Actual Cartrage) for the soul reason of ive compleated them both i dont want to start again (but i do have them on my R4DS i do play them sometimes but i prefer to play them on the actual cartrage (plus the ones on my DS are a different language lol)

3. Supasly

Supasly Guest

I rather play my original because my computer is very laggy and most of the ROMs can only run at 50%. It's kinda sad a DS has more power than my comp...

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

That isnt necessarily true.

5. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

I seriously hope your DS doesn't have more power than your computer. It just takes a lot of power to emulate another system.

6. cfiniris

cfiniris Well-Known Member

Yes, I play the original cart whenever possible. I don't like playing a ROM when I've got the original readily available.

No, actually it's just the fact that DS emulators are still in their early stages. That's why flashcards like the R4 are highly recommended.

7. myuusmeow

myuusmeow Active Member

I'll never go back to swapping cartridges! If I want my old savegames, I'll use Savsender. :p