1. This forum is in read-only mode.

do you miss the old cartoons

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by gameboy5.0, Mar 23, 2010.

1. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

ok i can say that todays cartoons are just plain dum. i rember back when i was a kid the cartoons where funny rugrats rocket power bugs bunny and many other evens some movies like secret of nimh 1 and 2 cats dont dance rock a doodle. (some i said you might not know) where i found a site that i think is trust worthy. http://www.gappon.com it lets you download movies and other things. now this site i just found a week ago. i got a some cartoons from here. i will say use at your own risk. not trying to scare people but i have not use the site long to know. but from what i can tell it is safe and has many videos.

2. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

Samurai Jack, Rocko's Modern Life, The Angry Beavers, Invader Zim, Batman: The Animated Series, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Hey Arnold! Code Lyoko, Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab...

And then I could list all the live-action I used to watch...

3. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

Batman Beyond, Spider-man Unlimited, Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, Justice League, Toonami (Before 2009), and god knows how many more.

4. Dream_CC

Dream_CC Well-Known Member

lol kinda miss them :)

5. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

lol dumb is the word ;)

duck tales
    goof troop
    tiny toons adventures

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I miss those.... :(

Luckily I downloaded all of Rocko and I have Zim on DVD as well.

I still need to find the rest.

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

A similar thread, but it's about old anime:

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=10246.msg109697#msg109697

And I don't consider the ones you guys mentioned as classics because for me the truly classic cartoons were the ones from the 80's.

G1 Transformers
    G.I. Joe
    The Real Ghostbusters
    Vissionaries
    Inhumanoids
    Conan the Adventurer
    Mr. T
    Hulk Hogan's Rock n' Wrestling
    DIC's run of Carebears as in my opinion Nelvana totally ruined the franchise altogether
    Raibow Brite
    Garfield & Friends
    The Smurfs
    He-man & She-ra
    Gummi Bears

And a whole slew of other cartoons from that time EXCLUDING Beverly Hills Teens, blergh!

8. melfice666

melfice666 Well-Known Member

this made me think hard that what did I really even watched as a kid and remembered chip&dale rescue rangers :p really liked that cartoon too

9. PuffyChain

PuffyChain Well-Known Member

Thundercats is the best cartoon when I was a child

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

How stupid of me :p

I forgot those on my list, along with:

Silverhawks
    Jayce & the Wheeled Warriors
    The original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Ulysses 31
    Centurion
    Bionic Six
    And the classic Hannah-Barbera cartoons, Yogi's Ark being the best, and Laff a-lympics too.

11. corprlfish

corprlfish Well-Known Member

Cat dog =)

12. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

The Real Ghostbusters! XD

they just dont make them like they used to.

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I hated that show :p

It made absolutely no sense. I know, I know other cartoons make no sense as well but Cardog is beyond insane.

Hey Cal, did you finish collecting those Ghostbusters episodes from that site? Me, I quit after season 5 when the video quality of the downloads started to be poor :(

14. calvin_0

nope, i stop downloading when it become Slimers and The Real Ghostbusters..... plus i deleted it from my PS3 long time ago since i take out lots of space....

maybe i'll redownload it after i upgrade my PS3 hard disk with either 160GB or 250 GB

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

You should have transferred them to your PC then burned them onto DVD-Rs.

Also, that Slimer & the Ghostbusters move was the nail that killed the series altogether wouldn't you agree?

16. calvin_0

well did copy them to my external... for some reason, the HD is dead >.>

anyway i agree that slimer and the real ghostbuster kill the series.... they focus more on slimer then ghostbusters..... plus they change the best part of the show, dr.peter venkman. i like it more on his hate-love with slimer rather then becoming slimer's BFF, thats ray's job.

17. Cahos Rahne Veloza

That's a shame, poor external HD.

I hated the "toony" artwork of the Slimer episodes too.

18. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

well looks like few miss the old cartoons. :D if it was not a waste of time i would get every one ti sigh a paper saying that we wantthe old cartoons back and stop makeing perv one like total dram island chowder and 16 (i like them all just some jokes not for kids

19. kingvxx

kingvxx Well-Known Member

dragon tales(or is it tails?)

Saw it when i was watching a movie and this bunch of kids are watching them.I was like 'When did i grow up?o_O)

20. Cahos Rahne Veloza

LOL!

I used to watch that & Teletubbies before I leave home to go to my classes in college XD