1. This forum is in read-only mode.

do you have anything that...............

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doughboy, Sep 8, 2010.

1. doughboy

doughboy Guest

Do you have to have anything expensive or of great value?
    no, maybe, well i was watching the "antiques road show" and though of asking.................
    It does not have to be from the civil war or something.......
    what is the most expensive thing you have? top 3.......
    no cars or houses.............
    Me: my TV cost me over $2,000
    (computer 450, then my psp from HK 300)
    [​IMG]

2. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

My brain is the most valuable thing I ever have >:D

3. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I have a genuine WW1 German steel helmet, excellent condition.
    I guess its worth up to £2000 but im waiting 4 more years until its 100 years old before I sell it.

4. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Dun sell it >:D Pass it on to your children as a family heirloom and one day, one of your generation of children would be millionaires >:D

5. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I'm going to try and exclude my TVs and set ups like that.

Acoustic foam and general basement renovations: 5000$
    Piano: ~1000$
    Drum set: 900$

I honestly don't know of the value of a majority of the stuff in my house to be honest. I can say the freezer and fridge cost quite a bit. So did the house renovations, along with buying the land and all the materials to build the house. Uhhhhh TVs obviously cost a bit, so does the furniture. I'm honestly at a loss so there's my random three.

6. msg2009

Not a chance, they can make their own way in life.
    Im expecting it to increase maybe 50% because of the centenary, might hold on though till I need a new car or something.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...The most expensive thing I won is my car, to a geek it's the snes and nes consoles that are in mint condition (only the snes has it's box though).

Otherwise nothing of importance.

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I have a working Intel 8088 laptop (around 3-4mhz) with 512kB of RAM, made in 1986, which is probably worth a fair bit.

I have several first edition books, including shadowmancer by G.P Taylor (first edition worth around £5,000) and 'On playing with lions' by Virginia Mckenna, which is probably also quite valuable as it dates from 1966.

I have a 16 (I think) year old broadcast grade digital video camera, which I think is worth a fair bit.

I have a pair of hairbrushes that are about 75 years old, they were a 21st birthday present for my grandfather, and I inherited them when he passed away.

I have a leather cased glasses cleaner that is probably over 100 years old. I also have a pocket watch of a similar age.

I have a 60ish year old cricket bat signed by my grandfather from his days as a semi-professional cricketer.

I have a miniture cricket bat signed by the (at the time) entire Durham Dynamos cricket team, and the (then) Sunderland AFC chairman, Peter Reid.

I have a lot of limited edition prints of animal pictures, including two of Elsa, (the Born Free lioness) and one of Girl (the lioness who played Elsa in the first film).

I'm pretty sure a few of my dos games are rare as well.

I have quite a lot of rare lion king related stuff as well, including a signed script from the movie, a very rare Nala plushie (it looks quite common until you notice the eyes are embroidered rather than bits of plastic, thats what makes it rare), photos signed by Moira Kelly and Nikita Calme (adult and child Nala respectively), original character designs for child Nala and a lion king twister game. Almost forgot: I also have the entire Lion King movie on 8mm film.

9. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

hmmm...i'd have to say...my shit laptop, $800....

10. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Computer.

11. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

I have a silver early 1900's coin used in the Philippines during the American Period here...

I keep it in my wallet for luck but well, it at least keeps my wallet safe, but the money, not.

I found it on our coin change box in the living room.

I really hope i could have it appraised but well, that cost money.

My dad worked for almost 30 years in the Central Bank before retiring, and he was given an uncut whole page of paper money, i think it was their christmas bonus in lieu of real cash. It has like 15-25 pieces and he said it was extremely rare and valuable.

He also gave and took back a set of mint coins...mostly from marcos era... and they were real heavy gold and silver coins...

Hope someday i can show it to Pawn Stars and have it appraised for free...lol

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

You can probably find out its value on the internet.

13. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

I had a 2 peso coin once.

14. Reider

Reider Modereider

Among other things, a bayonet that MIGHT be from ye olde battle for independence, A military issue metal foot locker from WWII, a stand I'm assuming one of my family members from back in the WWII era "borrowed" from a German resident that has a swastika carved into it.

Lots of war stuff. No idea how much any of the stuff is worth though and I'm not really too keen on getting rid of any of it anyways.

15. msg2009

I have other war stuff but nothing really worth much.
    I have a clip of german 98K ammo, a bren gun(if I ever get it back from the gun club) and a russian artillery officers hat. All WW2.
    I have a first world war artillery shell that I found in a field in france near the somme.

16. dedboy

dedboy Guest

German Luger P.08

Yes, it was a war spoil, given to me by my grandfather.
    It was never fired.
    "Die souveräne Nation"
    Is etched in the grip.
    http://www.handgunsmag.com/featured_handguns/po8_luger/

Man oh man. It's a war memento, so I think I'll keep it.

17. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

Damn. I don't own shit.

Can't really think of anything valuable.

18. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Top 3 list:
    1. Computer (€470,-)
    2. Wii (around €225,-)
    3. DSi (around €150,-)

19. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

i figure that my brain is worth a few bob, but i've grown quite attached to it.

20. MithridatisGR

MithridatisGR Well-Known Member

so my laptop is great (though i have destroyed it) it costed 2.600$, i also have a 50 years old collection of disney rare comic books (around 300 comic books). it also costs around 3.000$. last but not least is my old but huge sony stereo, that my father gave to my, he bought it 1.500$