1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Do you have an accent

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doughboy, Sep 28, 2010.

1. doughboy

doughboy Guest

We all differ in the way we speak.
    My friends say I sound like a "white kid", but I am actually the darkest, most Mexican guy at my school -_-
    On topic though, I think I have a Mexican accent, because of the Spanglish mainly.
    Spanglish: speaking too other Latin people in a mix of English and Spanish.

2. Don9aldo

Don9aldo Well-Known Member

I speak with a sort of cross between an English, an American, and a Derry accent.

Which is kinda weird because everyone in my house has an Irish/Derry accent. I blame it on too much TV...

3. doughboy

doughboy Guest

I like how Irish/English people speak, it always sounds like they are talking smack about you, when they are not.
    They're just trying to start a friendly conversation. :D

4. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

I have Italian accent due to my family.
    But I speak Portuguese, Spanish and Italian, all with this accent of mine =P

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I have a slight southern english accent most of the time but I can get a french accent when im speaking french or a geordie or yorkshire accent when im in those regions.

6. dedboy

dedboy Guest

I moved from Knightsville, South Carolina at a young age, so I do have a southern accent. It's not as pronounced as it once was, but you can hear it quite well still.

And yes, from time to time I say ya'all

7. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

northern American maybe? i don't really know if i do or not -.-" if the one i named doesn't exist, tell me :p

8. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

I come to remember, due that the music I used to hear, I kinda speak like the guys in Compton Town.
    I just wonder wtf "L.P." means ...

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

L.P usually means long play, which refers to a particular kind of vinyl record

10. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Long Play. It's a vinyl or CD that has around nine or ten songs on it.

Dang you Loony ::)

11. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Accent? Nah. I'm all american.

But I'm not too shabby at imitating accents.

12. zeldafan12

zeldafan12 Well-Known Member

I have a Chicago accent

13. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Dat is cuz youse uh damn yankee!

14. doughboy

doughboy Guest

Well, maybe if you speak old school :p
    It's not necessarily how you say it, its what you say sometimes, I think.
    Like for example, people from Canada say "You see that movie about the dog, ehy..."
    Although there is some accent there, people do associate Canadians to this word/phrase.
    Do you say, your just joshing or your pulling my leg, there are things North American (white mostly) say.
    Family men in North America tend to say "Good job sport" to their children when they do something good.
    Stand by Me, The Sandlot would be a good example of how you would speak now and then.
    If you are none of these then your the new accent free breed of the future. :p

15. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

Australian accent, and no, it's not all "G'DAY MATE! BONZA!!! (insert stereotypical bullshit here)!!!"

16. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I am too... :(

I probably have the same accent as catz, but I do sometimes start talking with a country accent if I'm around my grandparents or farmers. :p I never was raised on a farm, but my dad has one as well.

17. doughboy

doughboy Guest

I really like that, one of my friends actually speaks like that. :p
    Well thats part of it, but the deal is how you speak it, in some way I guess, when you pick up another language.
    My friend is very formal when he speaks Spanish, and I gotta tell you (and i've told him) he sounds funny when he does it.

18. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

New Zealander. Kiwi accent. Ask the Aussies how we talk, they'd probably say:

"I'm beached bro, beached as. Can I have a chup? I only eat planktun."

19. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I've been told I have a southern American accent despite being in Australia all my life.

I made a facebook vid, and...everyone said I sound british except for one guy who is a fellow aussie (and reckons I sound aussie).

I also had a stupid one

*CLoudboi aka Genocidal George said this, he fails*

20. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

^ You sound Aussie.

I have a northern American accent when speaking english (it's extremely prevalent in western Canada), with some French words or French slang thrown in if I'm speaking Franglais (what the fuck, this is a word). I have a Quebecois accent when speaking French, naturally.

That being said, again, I speak mostly French or Franglais (I'm still shitting myself that Franglais is actually a word).