1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Do ye have a life to eat and cook?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Lechongbaboy, May 4, 2009.

1. Lechongbaboy

Lechongbaboy Well-Known Member

In these era where gaming is everywhere, do ye have time teh cook or make meals yerself? And what do ye cook? share some recipes!

I like This classic way of roasting a chicken. This recipe is good fer ten people.

4 whole Chicken cut into eight part or saute' cut. (Yeh can use chicken breasts if ye want, but I am a chef in training so I use the eight part cut.)

Mustard, preferably dijon .30 kg

salt

pepper

paprika powder (depends on what the taste ye want. estimate)

olive oil

season chicken with mustard pepper paprika powder.

Brush with oil

arrange the chickens in a roasting pan

Brush them with oil

roast the chickens in an oven(preferably convection) for 200c then lower to 180c until the chickens are cooked.

Keep the chicken, don't discard the drippings just yet, ye can make a sauce or a gravy out of it.

Here's my sauce:

Deglaze the chicken drippings with white wine, reduce it and pour some beef or veal or any kind of stock and reduce again, and boom! ye had a classic oven roasted chicken.

2. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

this is pretty expensive but looks good

3. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

i prefer fast food when playing game..burger and coke..some fried potatoes...

4. Lechongbaboy

No, it's fatty.

5. marcy

marcy Guest

@ Lechongbaboy

That recipe looks delicious.
    My mouth waters only by reading.

A little question: Would you say the olive oil is essential or could it be replaced by some other oil (e.g. sunflower oil)?

I don't want to be your keyboard.

6. Lechongbaboy

Yes, you can use other oil. it depends on your taste.

7. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

I cook an evening meal for my wife and son every day. I try to vary the menu allot but we all like spicy food so that makes things easier. I tend to cook allot of Thai, Indian, Chinese and mexican dishes, but also classic stuff like roast chicken, mashed spuds, and pies.

Here is a very simple Thai chicken stir-fry.

Ingredients

any vegetables that will not fall to bits when stir-frying, carrot, green beans, long beans, snowpeas, sugarsnap peas, baby corn or sweetcorn, pak choi, garden peas, spring onions(scalions) or onion are all good. Cut them up into fine strips so they cook fast.

Chicken, slice it up into thin strips so it cooks properly and fast.

The holy Thai trinity or 3 C's + lemongrass

These 4 ingredients make Thai food, Thai food. Chilli, corriander, coconut and lemongrass.

Get some fresh or dried chillies, if dried soak them for 5 mins in warm water, then slice them up discard the seeds if you are not used to spicy food. I cannot advise you on how many or how much chilli to use, depends on the type of chilli and how hot you like your food. If you are not used to hot food don't go mad with them.

Corriander, must be fresh, you want to use more than you may think, 2 good handfulls will do 3 or 4 people. Remove the stems and roughly chop it up.

Coconut, I use the stuff in a block others prefer the canned milk, does not matter just don't use it from a fresh coconut. Use 1/4 to half a can of the milk or one or two thumb sized peices from the block.

Additional ingredients, Lemongrass, cut it up very fine, or you could use lime leaves or some lime juice, if you are using the juice add it near the end of cooking, none of these are essential to this dish. Nam Plah, this is Thai fish oil, if you have it use a little near the end of cooking, but it is not really needed for this dish.

To cook.
    get all ingredients ready before you start to cook. Put some oil in a wok or deep frying pan. Get the oil real hot, until it starts to smoke, do be careful, if the oil hits you then you will burn. I use groundnut(peanut) oil, sunflower oil will do, do not use olive oil it will burn black and nasty.

Carefully add your chicken, keep it moving in the pan, if it sticks leave it alone it will become unstuck itself. stir-fry for about 2 mins then add everything else, if you are using lemongrass put it in at the start with the chicken. stir-fry for another 3 mins or so, as long as the chicken is cooked properly then you are done.

Serve with noodles or boiled rice. A nice touch for the noodles is a little sesame seed oil when they are cooked, only use a little, it is potent stuff. If you are tempted to use Thai jasmine rice don't get scammed, if you cannot see dried jasmine flowers in it then it is not worth the money, use basmati or long grain instead.

Preparation takes a little time but cooking is super fast, makes a light, healthy and most importantly, tasty meal.

Then eat and enjoy :D

Edit: Can't believe I forgot to say to add some water, aim for a very thin sauce.

8. 0790

0790 Well-Known Member

Ahhh, finally a suitable outlet for the finest meal ever created; me and my friends call it -
    Student Chicken Surprise

Take 250g of any sustenance per person (the idea being that chicken is an option but not a necessity!)
    Add soy-sauce and a blackbean sauce along with bean sprouts for a chinese surprise or a good jar of tikka or rogan josh curry sauce for a curried suprise.

This meal is pretty nice when everything is thrown together. I've had a few weird and wonderful combinations in the last few months. Turkey, mushroom and tofu anyone? or how about the regrettable haddock, chicken drumsticks, sausage and mushroom!

9. Girogex

Girogex Guest

Beans on Toast

Put toast in toaster and toast bread
    Cook baked beans
    Put on toast

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you forgot the sauce

11. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

Or be decadent, add some grated chesse and some dried chilli chips on top grill until chesse melts, serve with cheap red wine, one bottle per person :p

12. Lechongbaboy

I like pyes, do any one of you have a recipe of pyes?

13. meganova

oh,does a healthy food affecting your gameplay??hm...

14. Lechongbaboy

Yes, eating a lot of vitamin filled food especially vitamin A helps yer eyes to get healthy.

Battonette Vegetables

Carrot
    Celery
    Squash
    Zucchini

cut the 4 ingredients into battonettes (4cmx.5cmx.5cm)
    Blanch them
    Toss them in the pan with a little butter

15. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

I can cook a mean ass cheeseburger. I can also bake muffins.

16. meganova

but,playing a lot can harm your eyes...i had a bad eyesight now,even eat a lot of carrots..:( :(

17. adonis6804

adonis6804 Member

Fried Beans:
    Open can, put on plate, heat up, eat, take a dump, download something from Romulation, go play

18. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

Hmm,what should I post?I got plenty of Malaysian cooking that my mom ask me to help her.

19. k9112009

k9112009 Well-Known Member

I know how to cook Filipino, Spanish and Chinese food. I'll post some recipes later.

20. head635

head635 Well-Known Member

I grill, dose it count ?