1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Do these kind of downloads work for laptops?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by noodle_08, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noodle_08

noodle_08 New Member

Okay, so this is my first time trying to download something like roms. I read the winrar tutorial about extracting files and even downloaded emulators from that site on the introduction page. However, I still can't get the games to work and I've even tried through both Mozilla Firefox and IE. I'm just wondering if these kind of downloads WORK ON LAPTOPS?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes they do. How are you trying to play the ROMs? What kind of ROMs? etc.

3. noodle_08

noodle_08 New Member

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention that I want to download the Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon one on NDS.

4. anandjones

You still haven't answered. How are you trying to play it? What issues are you having specifically?

5. noodle_08

noodle_08 New Member

Um, well, my brother also downloads them onto the PC and he plays with the keyboard. That's how I thought you'd play if you downloaded on a computer or laptop?

6. anandjones

No, which emulator are you using etc.? What issues are you having? Please read https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1736.0

And read the Common Issues https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I own a laptop-they work fine...

Now BECAUSE you haven't answed the question-I'm gonna say what I tell everyone else..

1.If you read the tutorial-YOU HAVE TO EXTRACT THE ROMS FROM THE WIN.RAR FILE other wise it's be the same as starting a car without the key :(

2.You need an emulator to play the games-you can't play them straight off a download even after EXTRACTING THEM!

3.All downloadable games from here can be played via keyboard-duh XD but you need to set it correctly

4.You may need to download the stuff for the emulator to work (yeah, MORE stuff, depending on the emulator)

5.(very important) YOU NEED TO GIVE US MORE INFO WE CAN'T HELP YOU MUCH UNLESS WE GET MORE INFO!

It's possible (even if you did it before) that the games have corrupted during download-compare file sizes to what it says on the site-if smaller assume the worse and try again until it's spot on or bigger (in some cases, like half a meg over XD)...

Try if you can to properly describe the problem, the emu, etc, if all else fails from us, please do what my brother ask...AND ASK YOUR BROTHER!

We unfortunatly can't read your mind, and your problem is vague, your brother might get a better idea since he can see what's up, so ask if none of us can help, we can sure, but use that option if you can't descibe your problem correctly, sorry if I'm rude, my little brother does the exact same thing (fair enough, he's only 13 and doesn't have a comp of his own, and has limited access to one, thus little knowledge in terms of useage)...

I hope your not trying to play them thru your web browser...

8. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Are you having problems playing the game, or are you having problems with downloading it? It seems to me (from what you said) you haven't actually downloaded the game yet. Am I correct?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.