1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Do moderators get paid?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weedmor_Fatblunt, Jul 30, 2011.

1. If they/you do then I have three more questions.
    1- Can you do it as a side-job or is it a full time sort of thing?
    2- How does one get into such a business?
    3- Is the time it takes worth what you are paid?

2. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

I don't think they get paid.

3. Reider

Reider Modereider

No we don't.

4. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

What a username.

5. baha iz that good or bad thing?

& dang i was looking forward to moderating as a side job. but still i wouldn't mind doing it for free. What all is involved & is it hard/time consuming?

6. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

Here? D:

7. not necessarily but heck yeah that would be awesome!!

8. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

No it wouldn't. Moderating is complete and utter shite. You have to have the patience of a saint to deal with some of the crap that people post. I think it has been relatively tame around here the past few months, but it astounds me when people want to be moderators. No thank you.

9. but then you have the POWA!!!!!

10. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Na, Seph has the power, we just have to keep a bunch of posters in line. There is really no "power" involved. The times you get to exercise your "powers" is just for boring/annoying stuff. The times it would be fun to exercise powers is inappropriate for you to do so and will make Seph question your maturity if you do.

You don't ask to become a moderator though, so it's not something you can really strive to be. You just have to sit back and try to make Romulation a better place to be.

And it's just something you do in your spare time. Like recently I've been idle a lot because my job is opening a factory in Mexico and I've been working constantly preparing machinery for transportation.

11. Nitemare_ Plague

Nitemare_ Plague Well-Known Member

you arent as powereful as you think. you could always get ur ass handed to you and banned

if you created the site thats another story

edit: this is at the thread's creater not the poster above

12. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Tirith is back

13. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Off and on, still can't log in as much as before. I'm doing everything in my power to make these machines idiot proof so I don't have to take a trip to Mexico. But it's proving to be very difficult. Every time I make a machine better, the world gives me better idiots. And they only gave me one week to pass on knowledge I've gathered over five years to an inexperienced employee from Mexico... and unfortunately he doesn't seem to be grasping the ideas, because every time I start over on a new day he asks me the same questions. I have a sinking feeling that I'm going to be heading to Mexico for a little while in a couple months.

14. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Why don't you just start your own site? You can have as much power as you like then.

15. haha because i'm not a power hungry maniac starving and desperate for a chance to rule the internet. im just saying it would be nice. I will never create a site just to have power over the people that frequent it. However, if I do ever create a website it will probably be related to gaming so i will let everybody know here first thing. I will make it awesome! & i don't mean "awesome" as in you should come check it out because i said it was awesome, i mean i will make it freakin awesome cuz i do it big.

As for you Tirith, wtf? Can you not get rid of him?! cause man, seriously, I wouldn't mind going to Mexico if my boss just straight up said "You are going to Mexico to make sure this thing (whatever it is) gets up and running smoothly" But if you have to go because of a fool who cannot follow your instruction....damn.

16. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

As moderator off the NDS/3DS section:

I don't get paid and I am glad that I am not paid for moderating. Simply because I want to do something else with my life (I like moderating but there is a world out there) and I have form time to time a weak (read bad) internet connection.

1) NO
    2) NO
    3) NO

If you replace the 'money' with 'happy thankful people who love your work' every answer changes into YES!

17. baha Jonez u crackin me up man

18. Jonez001

?

19. is there a malfunction in your humor chip?
    you. made. me. chuckle.

20. Jonez001

My. Mothertongue. isn't. English. Sorry. For. That. POINT