1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Do many parents and grandparents actually use this site?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sirchewie, Apr 25, 2009.

1. sirchewie

sirchewie Active Member

By looking at the testimonials it seems alot of grandparents and parents are on this site. Is that true? I find it hard to believe many parents, especially grandparents, know what an emulator, flashcart, or ROM is.

2. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

There used to be a survey held on the website to see what type of visitors we get. I can't seem to find the old news post on that anymore, however. But I remember that parents represented a large amount of visitors.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You have to realize. Today's parents were yesterdays gamers.

Maybe back in the early 90s, parents who played video games were rare, but today, teenagers of the late 80s and early 90s have children of their own who are wanting to play video games. Emulation gives them an option to allow their young children to play many games that are no longer available, which they themselves played as kids.

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Yes, we have quite a lot of parents and a few grand parents. They're not the most vocal of our visitors but they're large in numbers. :)

5. sirchewie

sirchewie Active Member

Thats pretty cool. I dont know many parents that know much about video games and my own are completely clueless so i was a little suprised

6. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

There's also some parents who download such things as Imagine 'games' for littlekids

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Why parents who are or were gamers themselves, following on TirithRR's post would download the imagine series is beyond me :p

8. sylky0604

sylky0604 Well-Known Member

why is that strange??? i download games for my 4 year old and for myself....

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Cahos just meant that no self respecting game playing parent would give their children those games, :)

10. sylky0604

sylky0604 Well-Known Member

i don't download those imagine games for my son :p i just ment that there might be more young parents like me here on the site ;)

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

TirithRR got my point correctly, as a gamer yourself, you should learn to distinguish actual good games you can give to your kids seeing that at one point in your life your parents (or even you yourrself) bought shovelware games just because it looked "kid friendly" blargh! :p

12. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

We had Pokémon, Sonic, Mario, PacMan and Space Invaders when I was the 'kid friendly' age
    No excuse! No excuse!